Trouble with "i/o" device error

So, I bought a 4tb My Book about a month ago and loaded it with some stuff, everything was working fine. Then roughly two weeks ago, I stopped being able to access the my book on my PC. If I go into device manager, it sees that the book is plugged in, but there seems to be an issue with the connection, because every USB port on my PC gives me the same error of “The request could not be performed because of an I/O device.” I’ve done a little bit of basic trouble shooting, and I do not think the external is damaged, but I could be wrong. Guess I’m just looking for a bit of help, or confirmation that I need to get my external replaced.

Edit: While troubleshooting more, I got the drive working again. Not 100% sure what the fix was, either a software update or a bad USB port on my machine. I fixed it though, so no bother responding. I’d delete the thread but I can’t seem to find where to do that. Not my best week for technology :stuck_out_tongue:

Using USB cables longer than supplied and connecting thru a USB hub are known to cause problems.