Transfer a Time Machine backup from one WD my cloud to other WD my cloud mirror

Hi I have a WD my cloud 3TB with my backup now I want to move that backup to a new WD my cloud mirror 6TB, then my intention is continuo to backing up to the WD my cloud Mirror and delete the other backup, I read that I can make a save point from one device to another, but my understanding is that the safe point only will backing up between the two WD devices and no to the WD my cloud mirror directly.

Anybody can help me to understand and tell me what is the best way to do it.

See the following Apple Support document that explains how to transfer a Time Machine backup from one backup hard drive to another.

Time Machine: How to transfer backups from a current backup drive to a new backup drive
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202380

Copy your backup data from your original drive to your new drive

1. Open a new Finder window. In the Finder sidebar, click the icon of the original backup drive.
  2. Open a new Finder window. In the Finder sidebar, click the icon of the new backup drive.
  3. Drag the folder “Backups.backupdb” from the original backup drive to the top level of the new backup drive.
  4. Enter an administrator name and password, then click OK to start the copying process.

Copying your backup data might take some time to complete, depending on the size of your backup.

Set Time Machine to use your new drive

1. After the copy has finished, open Time Machine preferences from System Preferences.
  2. Click Select Disk in the Time Machine preferences window.
  3. Select the new backup drive, then click Use Disk.

Your Time Machine backups are now be saved on your new backup drive.