Topfield SAT reciver did not recognize WD Elements drive

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have worked successfully with the following combination for over 7 years:
SAT-Reciver SBP-2001CI+ in combination with hard disk WDBPCK5000ABK-01 (Western Digital Elements SE Portable 500GB external hard disk)

Unfortunately, the hard disk “Elements SE Portable 500GB” has reached the end of its useful life and must be replaced.
Problem: The Toshiba SAT-Reciver SBP-2001CI does not recognize the following hard disks:

WDBUZG0010BBK-03
WD 1TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive

WDBU6Y0015BBK-0B
WD Elements Portable, external hard drive - 1.5 TB - USB 3.0

I have tried everything:

• Reformatting NTFS, ExFAT
  • Current measurement (does not differ from the old hard disk “Elements SE Portable 500GB”)
  • Cold swap, hot swap

I just don’t understand why the old WD disk is recognized, but the new hard drives aren’t.
Can you help me?
Freundliche Grüße

Check the partition type. Your new drive is probably partitioned with GPT, the old one is probably MBR. If that’s the case, change the partition table on the new drive to MBR and it will probably work.

I was able to prove that it was a software problem:

I reformatted the working old WD disk using Windows Disk Management and then the old disk was no longer recognized.
Unfortunately this doesn’t help me, because even after hours of trying and a lot of internet research I couldn’t figure out which formatting works.

I give up and will have to search for a new PVR SAT-Reciver.
I’m dreading it, because I assume that all new devices will be worse than the old ones.
And this planned obsolescence is already quite annoying: that after not even 10 years a device like a SAT-Reciver is scrap metal… nobody can tell me that it MUST be like this. Disposable society.