Tool to preLoad "Get Info" metadata for movies (no TV series)

BTW where can I find that XML with the movie info in the HUB HD? there’s no xml there…

bacano wrote:

BTW where can I find that XML with the movie info in the HUB HD? there’s no xml there…

It should be right next to your movie with exactly the same name together with a jpg. Thats if the info was found. Check the log at c:\temp to see if it was found.

New version available here:

https://sites.google.com/site/wdtvlivemetadataloader/downloads

The change log is here:

https://sites.google.com/site/wdtvlivemetadataloader/changelog

I think I was able to put most comments into the new version, if not, please post them again.

Regards!

Sorry I didn’t explain correctly. When using the feature to get movie info on the WD LIVE HUB, where is the XML stored? I browse all the files including hidden and see nothing new and no xml. maybe it’s stored on the hidden partition?

how can we make the partition visible using network only? maybe not possible. only with the HD connected to the PC

roggy - does the new version work with brackets in the file name? like kerba mentioned before.

bacano wrote:

Sorry I didn’t explain correctly. When using the feature to get movie info on the WD LIVE HUB, where is the XML stored? I browse all the files including hidden and see nothing new and no xml. maybe it’s stored on the hidden partition?

how can we make the partition visible using network only? maybe not possible. only with the HD connected to the PC

As I said - the xml file plus jpg is stored next to your movie with the same name. It may be that the program did not download anything - check the log file on c:\temp

If you allow your computer to show hidden files then you will see the hidden folder on your computer via your network.

Fantastic piece of work, cheers roggy

is it possible to make an mac version, too?

what do TV episodes need to be called for it to work?

For instance, my Family Guy episodes are named Family Guy.s01e06 but it doesn’t recognise that heading.

Any suggestions on what the heading should be? 

"When using the feature to get movie info on the WD LIVE HUB… " You didnt understand or I didn’t explain well.

I wasn’t talking about this specific tool in this topic, I am talking about the option on the Live HUB to get the movie info, where does it stores that info?

sssstew and kerba: I can’t reproduce the problem. Using brackets or not gives the same effect with me. For the specific example kerba provided it doesn’t give any result in both possibilities. For my own examples (eg. “16 blocks (2006)”) it works both with brackets and without…

mercutio0305: I’ll not be able to make a Mac version… I’m not a Mac user… and it’s in  .NET… not the most portable programming environment in the world… mea culpa.

StuN_UK: The interface towards www.thetvdb.com is really picky. Only the name of the series without the episode number will work. If you do a search on the website itself it gives the same problem. I suppose I’ll have to put some logic before sending the request to cleanup the file name, otherwise it will never work properly.

bacano: the answer from   richUK is correct… if you upgraded  to the last version of the firmware (2.03.24). In that firmware the .xml and .jpg is saved in the same directory as the movie. Before it was saved in one directory on the internal harddisk called “metadata” I think, but I’m not sure of the exact name.

bacano wrote:

"When using the feature to get movie info on the WD LIVE HUB… " You didnt understand or I didn’t explain well.

I wasn’t talking about this specific tool in this topic, I am talking about the option on the Live HUB to get the movie info, where does it stores that info?

The reason you did not get your correct answer is because you are asking in a thread about a download tool.

Hello! The_roggy,

With the new release WDTVLiveMetadataLoader1.1.1 What is this annoying pop-up every-time after the tool finishes fetching metadata? which says " No Application is associated with the specified file for this operation"…

If you click OK the Pop-up  goes away… BTW, The program does complete the job at this point in time… 

I am running the latest version of  Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile  and 4 Extended version 4.0.30309 on Windows XPSP3

It is just an annoying bug, Not a show-stopper 

Cheers! - and thanks for updating the program we all appreciate it.

:smiley:— Best Wishes ----:smiley:

Oops… he tries to open the .log file, but you don’t have an application associated with this extension. If you open the log file in c:\temp once by dubbleclicking it and choosing par example notepad, it will be solved. I’ll change the application so it saves the logging file as .txt.

Now I know why I don’t see any xml, I’m not using the latest firmware… but I’m still curious where is that info.

ok it’s not that off topic. I might want to change something in the xml after fetching the info online…

anyway cool tool and thanks :wink:

:dizzy_face: It makes perfect sense now! — Thanks! :wink: 

Once I associated .log with notepad.exe Problem  Solved! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks again for a fast reply!

Cheers!

Hi roggy.

First of all thanks a lot for this tool.

Is there a chance you add a language selection (french) for gathered info please ?

How does this work with TV series?

I have it in this format

(Folder) Series Name

- (Folder) Series 1

- - (Video) 1 - Episode 1 Title

- - (Video) 2 - Episode 2 Title

- - (Video) 3 - Episode 3 Title

- (Folder) Series 2

• - (Video) 1 - Episode 1 Title

• (Video) 2 - Episode 2 Title
  • - (Video) 3 - Episode 3 Title

I have my TV collection setup the same way - running the tool results in “no metadata found” for the individual episodes.

This is a great tool, simple and works well for movies, but I guess I am a wet blanket for this thread.  I want to share my media collection to the WDTVLiveHub as well as with my HTPC running MediaBrowser.

I currently use Media Center Master to pull the metadata for my collection and had high hopes that either the XML file or the new XBMC NFO file format from MCM would work on the Hub - - - no such luck.  In looking at the XML of each, there are several formatting or field reference differences - too many to make it feasible to go through and change for more than a small collection.

Thanks to the_roggy for this tool - I may end up using it on the Hub for the Movies that I sync.