Too many versions of SmartWare?

Over the last few years I’ve accumulated two 3TB MyBook and one 4TB MyBook drives. Each came with a version of SmartWare, and one included an upgrade to SmartWare Pro. The most recent purchase also came with WD Backup and WD Discovery.

My problem now is to sort out which program resides where, and to disable or remove the others as conflicts are arising. Yesterday, the Pro version was running, and today an older version (1.4.5.2) is trying to run but isn’t identifying the newest (4TB) drive, or even the 3TB drive, as a possible storage site for the backup files. I’m being offered a software update and am hesitant to do it, lest it overwrite my Pro version, which I used to run, and liked.

How can I get this stripped down to just the program I need?
Thx.

If you update your SmartWare and already have SmartWare Pro then you should not lose it. I haven’t lost it and I have the latest version.

Are you on a Windows PC? If yes, what OS version 7, 8 or 10? You can delete older versions or at least see what version they are in the Control Panel. See Image below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it and see complete image.

Thanks cat0w, that helped a lot. I’m running W10 on a desktop.

I deleted V1.4.5.5, and that allowed Pro 2.4.20.48 to run.

The next problem is that for sources, SmartWare is offering drives C, D, E, K, and L, which are all the internal and external hard drives that I currently have connected. For targets it is offering E, G, H, I, J. G is an SD card plugged into the PC’s card reader. I haven’t determined what H, I, or J are yet. K and L, as external drives, should be offered as targets. How do I get K and L to show on the target list?
Thanks again.

Hi, I have the latest version of this backup software. I am not very happy with it, I have to say. I’ve finally gotten the latest version working, after having had to wipe and re-do a 90GB backup a couple of times (initially it took 2 days, with the latest software it only took most of one). I’ve mostly taken to dragging and dropping what I want backed-up onto the drive, and I don’t intend to use the built-in SmartWare software for backups more than once every six months or so.
TubeMate Psiphon Test DPC