To all the themers - music playing view

@JoeySmyth

Whoa!!! :smileyvery-happy:

I am glad it worked! :smiley:

And thank you for the “snapshot” tip and for my first Kudos!!!

Cheers!

MarcoWoo wrote:

And thank you for the “snapshot” tip and for my first Kudos!!!

you’ll receive some more, i guess:stuck_out_tongue:. could you please let me know if you included a complete new theme in your dl-link or just the files to be replaced??

thanx!

@MarcoWoo:

Excellent work of optimization - I will try it this evening.

But you also took away the perspective of the album, … well I liked that, you don’t ?

But I will try anyway …

The :heart::heart:music-mod from Joey is more on my TV than everything else…

I also did some (useless :cry:) modifications on it, trying to get the time-bar to work correctly.

Well , I had the same thing Joey described, the time-bar suddenly disapeard.

@Steffen_2009:

I did like the perspective… until I found some CD covers that look strange on it. Well at least on a 52" LCD, if you know what I mean… :wink:

(it’s not a real “perspective” just a “mask” that is “cutting” the top and bottom edges of the picture, which is very clever - respect Joey!!! - but still a “fake perspective” that removes some parts of the cover :smiley: )

@bessa:

In this download (this one is with the “perspective” view) I included all the files from JoeySmyth’s MusicModf_fix.zip download but with modified files:

album_playback.xml  (only one modification: w=“500” in progress_bar)
album_playback_playing_progress_bar.png
album_playback_playing_progress_bar_bg.png

So the answer to your question “if you included a complete new theme in your dl-link or just the files to be replaced” is YES and YES. You can do either way - replace all and just the modified ones. :smiley:

The “optimized w/o perspective” (for SMP) is here but here I also modified the “perspective” mask (services_option_mediafly.png) to produce a square cover (also there are some x/y differences in album_playback.xml and there’s a new field included - songname).

I hope I was clear in my explanation - please let me know how it worked for you. :smiley:

4 Likes

Works fine MarcoWoo - you got your next Kudos from my side :smiley:

yes, the progress bar works very good :smiley:. watched several tracks going through and everything was fine. this was the last tiny issue in this theme and now it’s perfect for me with joey’s perspective. thanx to you both for this great work.

*kudoklick*

just for your info: the SMP version doesn’t work on the HUB because i have no album cover displayed (i see the WD music logo instead). but if i leave the now playing view and return to it i see the album cover for a half a second and then it disappears.

now i’m enjoying this mod more than i did before…

GREAT!!!

Hi MArcoWoo, Joey,

I am trying to understand the background.

So what is reason why the time-bar disapears sometimes ?

In my modification test with .xml

<progress_bar name="point_bar" x="715" y="485" w="300" h="14" (...)

and two 300px png’s for 

• album_playback_playing_progress_bar and 
  • album_playback_playing_progress_bar_bg

the music time-bar always disapears … what strange “secret” causes this ? 

@Steffen_2009

It’s all a bit of a Mystery ?

I did find however, if you try to but the “Ball” image back in … the Bar disappears again.

<progress_bar name=“point_bar” x=“715” y=“485” w=“300” h=“14” pb_back_img=“image/album_playback_playing_progress_bar_bg.png” pb_front_img=“image/album_playback_playing_progress_bar.png” pb_point_img=“image/album_playback_playing_progress_bar_point.png” pb_delay=“500” disable=“@@disable-audiopanel”/>

1 Like

Yes, Joey, it is a very strange thing with the music-playing bar … sometimes there … and while doing modification on it … it escapes … always suddenly away.

And it is a very helpful information with the tracking-ball you have given me, thanks.

I really added the standard image for it, because I noticed it was not there any more.

So I thought MarcoWoo has forgotten it … well I was planning to design something like this tracking-ball

But the visability of the complete bar is more important of course.

P.S.:

YES … without the tracking ball the TIME-BAR is there :smiley::dizzy_face:

Well, the first mod with the 770px picture works with a track-ball … magic (?) . 

@Steffen_2009

Well, the first mod with the 770px picture works with a track-ball … magic (?) .

The first mod is using the original dimensions of the playback bar … w=“785” h=“14”

So, the “Track Ball” will work … I just erased 1/4 of the bar using Gimp

P.S. The Latest Hub Firmware 3.09.18 changes(breaks) some things in the album playback screen … havent tested with this mini mod … but definatley changes some things in my Alaska mods.

MarcoWoo & JoeySmyth

Thanks for sharing this info regarding the progress bar.  I had tried to modify the progress bar size before but was not able to get it to work & seems now that it was probably related to having the progress point/ball included in the xml.  After removing the reference to the progress point/ball I was able to make the progress bar bigger, which is what I was trying to originally achieve. 

Thanks again.

JoeySmyth wrote:

P.S. The Latest Hub Firmware 3.09.18 changes(breaks) some things in the album playback screen … havent tested with this mini mod … but definatley changes some things in my Alaska mods.

i can confirm that your mini mod (in connex with mochi of course) still works fine with latest fw!