To all the themers - music playing view

just to give you a view… this is what it looks like… thanx for your efforts

@bessa

Ok, i saw it on my Flickr screen (didnt see it on Youtube though ?)

Anyways, this should fix it …

https://hotfile.com/dl/186352194/eb8160e/MusicModf_fix.zip.html

1 Like

unfortunately it does not. do i just have to copy the new files to the theme/image folders and let it replace already existing files???

@bessa

Yes, copy / replace / overwrite all the old files (XML’s and Images) with the New Ones provided in the above link.

Then Apply a Different Theme (eg.Default Mochi) then re-apply the MusicMod Theme.

1 Like

That’s exactly what i did… but i will try again by setting up a new theme folder on my pc with all files and then transfer it to the hub. Shouldn’t make a difference but i try and let you know.
Thanx again for your support :slight_smile:

Music Linksheets don’t work in the 'Home Screen Menu" 

here’s a simple ‘temporary’  work-around … that ‘mimics’ the look of the "Home Screen Menu’

It’s a “Music Playing View” Modification …

https://hotfile.com/dl/186926131/cb61834/onishHubLinkPlay.7z.html

Important: Linksheets naming convention = Artist Name (as defined in the ID3 Tag)

eg. If the ID3 Tag Info says  Artist: Hilary Duff   … 

then the Linksheet Must be Named Hilary Duff    NO FILE EXTENSION

So for another example … if you have the entire “Pink Floyd” Collection of Albums … then you ONLY need ONE Linksheet named Pink Floyd as long as the ID3 for all albums has Pink Floyd in the “Artist” field.

Important: Linksheets of smaller Resolution will work better (ie. 720x405, 1024x576)  use 1280x720 at your own risk !  as speed/performance will be SLOW.  (FileSize is not a Critical Factor … increase it for lower resolutions to maintain image quality)

Wow, great Joey … exatly the same thing is on my mind since yesterday morning.

Everytime.

We can’t have the linksheets on the home, ok it is possible on the now_playing.xml …

So why not putting it there, like you did. The point is not to have everything or to look exactly like the home_screen.

But to have a place for …

a.) fanart of the band in high-res, easy to administrate like linksheets 

b.) a large, clear and good-quality view of the actual beeing played music album 

Well, the hard thing is : Your apple design rework of now_playing is really extremly good.

I use it everyday, I like it, it is clear and often the tv is on just for that :smiley::smiley: . A quite perfect solution for b.) . To loose it (not using it any more) feels not good at all …

I think this won’t be the last modification of the now_playing (for me I would miss the time bar well, perhaps I just got used to it) but we see the way of what is possible from technical restrictions. 

The new place of the design-solution for b.) would be (for me) then the home_screen. …

There it is no problem to display the embedded music-covers in high quality as dynamic backgrouds with libary “off”.

i can’t see the ‘picture’ you posted … *suggestion*  “try an external image host” 

(if you don’t want to, i will check back in a couple of days to view it, once it’s been ‘approved’ by WD Forum Mods)

Oh, sorry Joey.

My picture is not as spectacular as yours … not really designed something,

it is just the home screen be-ing used as large place for the musiv album,

when in now-playing it is getting smaller. Well , I think the the actual music album is more

important than the fanart. Concentration is on what is really playing at the moment,

the fanart is more a background  information.

Here the link of an external image host:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8785/wdtvlive20121117104747.jpg

That just looks like the Album Art Cover Enlarged to Fill as the Background  (which is simple to do)

A bit ‘Off-Topic’  with regards to “Linksheets” ?  :neutral_face:

Correct, it has nothing to do with linksheets, but refers to that subject here “music playing”.

With large fanart and also large album covers we have a competition about the space of the page.

Since the actual played song/album is the most important  it demands lots of space.

So serveral GUIs have a (really large and separate) view for the actual played song/album,

most in combination with the time-bar. For example the solos controller

https://itunes.apple.com/app/sonos-controller-for-ipad/id392727786?mt=8

with a video

http://www.sonos.com/music?lang=en-us®ion=us

or of course the apple tv.

At the moment I am trying to run your  downloaded example. As fanart there is Hilary Duff in the theme.

So I checked ID3 tag artist= “Hilary Duff - The Best Of” , which is the same like the fanart filename.

Libary is on and I cleared it before, well something (little) is still missing on my side… 

@Steffen_2009

Correct, it has nothing to do with linksheets, but refers to that subject here “music playing”.

My Apologies

At the moment I am trying to run your  downloaded example. As fanart there is Hilary Duff in the theme.

So I checked ID3 tag artist= “Hilary Duff - The Best Of” , which is the same like the fanart filename.

Works fine on my Live Hub

@Joey:

" Works fine on my Live Hub "

Yes, I am sure it does, I have looked at the result (you posted here some messages before) many times :smiley:

So now I did the download again, checked with other linksheets / songs I had made a sucessfull test with the SMP before.

We are far away from the cititcal SMP size, having just three pictures or so in the theme-folder.

• Perhaps it is just a different version you had uploaded …?

As I have understood it (and I did the test with) the album_playback.xml is modified

<image image=“@@album_name x=…

I can not find this variable in the uploaded xml coding.

But perhaps I am completly wrong …

@Steffen_2009

If you go back to my post i stated that …

Important: Linksheets naming convention = Artist Name (as defined in the ID3 Tag)

eg. If the ID3 Tag Info says  Artist: Hilary Duff   … 

then the Linksheet Must be Named Hilary Duff    NO FILE EXTENSION

The “Linksheet” is triggered via …

<image image=“@@artist” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” scale=“100”  disable=“@@disable-audiopanel”/>

I don’t know where you got <image image=“@@album_name x=…  from ? :confounded:

@Joey:

" …I don’t know where you got <image image=“@@album_name x=…  from ?  …"

Well, it is from a sucessful test I did before with the SMP.

Thats why I searched your coding for it. Of course the artist is much better (lesss fanart datasheets) if it would work.

I tried serveral combinations with different demo material on the SMP. But no positive result. Perhaps there is a difference between Hub and SMP in the firmware. 

• It would be very helpful if some other SMP owners could do the test for music linksheets, too.

I am curious about the result of that … 

bessa wrote:
That’s exactly what i did… but i will try again by setting up a new theme folder on my pc with all files and then transfer it to the hub. Shouldn’t make a difference but i try and let you know.
Thanx again for your support :slight_smile:

isn’t much work to do, but i didn’t find the time (and the fun) to do it until yesterday. i made up a new folder with a new theme name and applied it on the hub. but: same issue - i still have the template in the background of youtube and flickr services.:cry:

as i don’t use flickr that much and youtube is much easier to operate on my other devices i will take it for granted.

joey, thank you very much for your help and efforts - still much appreciated.

@bessa

I’m running WDTV Live Hub Firmware 3.05.10

My " Youtube" screen looks nothing like yours

So, it must be a “Difference in Firmwares”

ONE LAST TRY… http://www.mediafire.com/?sgb2uymfkflb6t9

I renamed the “Overlay”  to BESSA.png

and the XML reference is …

So… it is 100% NOT Possible to Display  in Your … YOUTUBE & FLICKR   (and it will be SLOWER)

JoeySmyth wrote:

@bessa

I’m running WDTV Live Hub Firmware 3.05.10

My " Youtube" screen looks nothing like yours

So, it must be a “Difference in Firmwares”

sorry, but i’m running the same fw…> i’m not at home right now, but i will hopefully give it ONE LAST TRY :smiley:

So, you’re running the same WDTV Live Hub Firmware 3.05.10 as me ?

Well, this I what I see when selecting to watch “Youtube”

From the Home Menu i click “OK” on the “Services” Icon and see this …

I “Click” on “Youtube” and the see this …

Now “Comparing” that to the Screenshot you posted …

That’s  " Older" Firmware … and is not  “Youtube Leanback”

and besides, that … I did test the “Fix” on “older” Firmware before uploading … and it tested fine.

The _ last one _ i posted eliminates _ all _ possibilites of it displaying …

if it still “doesent work” then the problem is at your end.

Hi joey.
So, i updated to the recent fw right now (don’t know if it will be good). Still the same. Then i recognized that you’re using youtube leanback. And there is another one called youtube videos with a different logo in black which i used. You’re right, with youtube leanback everything is fine…
Maybe there are 2 different region codes?