Tivo button/Slingbox

The Slingbox app doesn’t allow me to access the DVR features on my Tivo Premiere. There’s no equivalent of the Tivo button on the WD remote for starters, and the on-screen DVR icon is greyed-out and inaccessible.

This is a subject that’s been discussed in the past on this forum, but I saw no solutions.

This is a real deal-breaker for me. I’m returning the unit to the store unless someone has a bright idea.

It’s very strange that WD would choose to omit this very important feature.

TIA,
Larry

Hello, note that SlingPlayer for Connected Devices works with the Slingbox 350, Slingbox 500, Slingbox SOLO, and the Slingbox PRO-HD. For more information follow the links below.

SlingPlayer for Connected Devices FAQ & Help

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000463

SlingPlayer for Connected Devices

http://www.slingbox.com/go/spcd#.Ucn2FDs4vTo

Thanks for the links, but they seem to shed no light on the problem. I know the Slingbox app works with my Slingbox; that’s not the issue. The issue is that it doesn’t allow me to access the DVR functions of the Tivo connected to the Slingbox. Once again, live streaming works fine; DVR functions don’t.

I’d love it if someone could correct me and tell me how to do it.

Larry

Are you sure your Slingbox profile is correct? I also have a TiVo Premiere (Elite) connected to a Slingbox Solo. The DVR button works fine for me.

I’m also having this issues with the DVR button being grayed out when connecting via WD Live to the Slingbox 350 only.  I also have a Slingbox Solo on the same network and the DVR button is available and works great.  It’s only a problem when using WD Live box.  When I connect to the 350 using a PC, Tivo work fine.  I have the 350 connected to the output RCA plugs on the back of the Tivo HD.  It’s configured correctly because the Tivo remote comes up when I using the Sling Player on a PC.  I read another posting some place that said Button 16 using the WD Live menu gets you to the Tivo menu.  I haven’t tried this yet.

Have you contacted Sling?   They manage the application that’s on the WDTV.