Timeline for Servers to be back

I can connect on iphone with this method
however it seems it is connected via SMB on read-only mode
any methods to make it read-write permission?

thanks

I can connect on iphone with this method
however it seems it is connected via SMB on read-only mode
any methods to make it read-write permission?

thanks

Unfortunately not with the File iOS app.
You can use any remote file manager app you like.
I’m using OWLFILES (free to download in the app store) to upload files and create folders via SMB.

Dear WD team, please give us info when the server will come back. Im very dissapointed with this… No announcement that u make every hour to update to us…You just make us hanging n waiting…you should update the maintenance info every hour. :rage:

Just tried it worked, File app showed it as Read-Only, indeed I can write files to My Cloud with this connection
Thanks!

Agree, so we’ll know when we can manage our lives. I will buy another external HDD to back up every single thing and burn my WD away.

2 Likes

Amazed that there is only a few hundred comments, for me teh server being down is an inconvenience, for photo files, but if I needed the information for running a business - then this would be a disaster.

I agree with people are saying - there should be better information flow coming back to people.

1 Like

Can we enable Tailscale now to access our HD when the WD authentication servers are down?

I have these 2 drives showing up on my pc but they are both empty. Will there be any way to access files if I have a male-to-male usb cable? I have one on order that will be here tomorrow.

I’ve installed tailscale and it appears it has now made the drives show up on the network but there’s no data now. Thanks for any help. I will compensate for anyone’s time to get me access. Thanks.

Quick question off topic slightly. I have an os 5 cloud but i also have an OS 3 cloud that i can no longer access ( remotely) due to WD discontinuing. so does this mean TAILSCALE can access both allowing me to continue use my older unit?

Cyber attack, network breach, ransomware, blah… blah….
All over Twitter and the internet. Angry people everywhere - what was that about privacy?

1 Like

I’m in the same situation - my did a hard reboot - now the device seems to be stuck looking for server authorisation - I only use it as a Plex server - is there any way to bypass this ?

Unless you’ve authenticated your device for smb for the local network, wired or wireless but not usb. Your pretty much stuck unless you are computer savvy and know how to decrypt stuff. A few other user mentioned they’ve done something using ubuntu linux but its too in depth for me and am glad i just recently upload everything important on Microsoft Azure.

I’m also in this terrible situation with a WD MyCloud, I really need some of the data I can’t access at the moment. Just a quick thought, couldn’t I teardown the device, extract the harddrive and recover the data with a linux system? Are the hard drives somehow encrypted? Would anything stand against this idea or does have anyone other helpful thoughts?

1 Like

Drives are partioned with ext4, which is a linux file system. You can set a VM box or install Linux on a separate HW and mount those disks and extract the data.

1 Like

Here is my problem. I am sharing my home duo with my wife. we both have separete access to the box with different user accounts. I haev local network anabled on my account and can I access my data locally. I did not get a chance to do the same for her account on to her laptop and now she can not access her data as the WD software does not work. She had a shared folder with me through the app and now I have no acces to theat folder. Is there a way I can access her user portion on the disk using my local access

Am still able to access MyCloudHome device via Win File Manager.

Cannot access via Win Web Browser.
Cannot access via Phone/Android App.

I am exactly as you say

1 Like

Officially done with any WD products because of this. Got a Synology 2 bay NAS and threw a couple SSD’s in it and it’s a much better solution anyway. Now I have remote access and a true NAS not this cloud authentication bull c rap that can be taken down like this. I don’t care if they have NAS systems this turned me off to them. Can’t wait to finally get into my my cloud home which I’ve been a hijacked out of so I can migrate all of my data off of it and never go back.

This company is pathetic. They even scrubbed their IG account and won’t let anyone post. What a bunch of incompetent, thin skinned cowards. April 4, 3 days now and still can’t access my data.
Can’t wait to dump this service once I can access my data again.
I’m informing the national media!!!

4 Likes