Time Machine Error code 112

I have so annoying problem on MyCloud EX2 Ultra.
Since the March, when the macOS (Big Sur 11.2.3) tried to connect the time machine folder, it shows error code 112, claiming that it cannot access the drive.

When I tried to new folder on the safe mode, the time machine works.

When I tried to connect the folder, AFP Protocol is working. SMB Protocol is not working with message “The operation can’t be completed because the original item for … can’t be found”.

If I disable the time machine setting on myCloud, I can access the drive, but I cannot use Time Machine.

I tried to disable SMB1 and SMB2 on configuration, but it still does not work.

I may add more contents later on this topic as I gather more information.

See: https://community.wd.com/t/timemachinebackup-works-intermittently/258142/25

My current firmware version is 5.11.112, but the issue still persists.

Does TM work if you set the backup limit to 100%?

If yes, proceed and join us requesting the bug to be fixed. @SBrown has not yet answered.

Best,

@AustinForest // Sorry, but I am not able to try your suggestions because the root cause of my case was the conflict (maybe) between macOS with Sophos Antivirus. If the issue happens again, I will test this again.

Unlike other cases, the root cause of my case is the conflict between macOS and Sophos Antivirus. I think it happens since I install the Sophos Antivirus, which I did not consider as the root cause before.
If the issue happens again, I will investigate this matter further.

I use ex4100 Nas over 30 Months…
Everything was well since 10 March 2021 which version 5.11.112 firmware update.
I regret that I uploaded.
After that update my nas ftp doesnt work!
Ftp service turned on in dashboard but telnet or port checker services display 21th port OFF
I have been writing to support for 3 weeks, nobody is interested
I’m going crazy now :frowning: