Time machine back up and retrieve from Everywhere

Hi to WD Staff,
Don’t you think about the possibility to back up and retrieve Time Machine from anywhere ? For the moment this could be done only from our local network. As I am a nomad worker, that functionnality would be great !!
Also, regarding the possibility to share some files to other users (not via link, but via private access with the possibility to read and write), do you think this will coming soon via an uptdate ?
The sharing link is a good idea but it would be better if it would possible to download directly an entire file (for the moment it’s only possible to download items by items…)
Sorry for my english…
Best

1 Like

I second this idea. Time Machine takes very long to update, with your system for some reason. If you can mount the drive to my Mac OS remotely. You should allow for a mountable drive for cloud backups, or add a service that is similar to the others that allow for google drive and facebook integration. Instead of retrieving, sending the information back to the home server. Rclone sync would allow this to happen under the hood, and the wd software could initiate the process and connect to the time machine through the UI. This feature would save much hassle and provide the kind of piece of mind expected from a cloud server.