Thunderbolt 3 SSD Drive

Does G-Tech have plans to introduce an external SSD Drive with a Thunderbolt 3 port?

I recognize such a drive could require a high price, although once economies of scale took hold, price could well come down to a moderate level for the buying public. But, an external SSD drive utilizing full TB3 speed (through a TB3 cable) would be a strong product in G-Tech’s offering of external drives. …My MacBook Pro 15 (Late 2016) has 4 TB3 ports, and I’m disappointed there’s hardly any options, from drive manufacturers, taking advantage of TB3 technology (with TB3 cables). I wince every time I have to plug my USB-C drive into a TB3 port and lose half the speed capability of the TB3 port. …:cry:

BTW, I’m currently using a 1TB G-Drive mobile USB-C. Works fine, but really want an SSD - TB3 drive in order to get away from spinning disks for a mobile drive.

We currently have a SSD with USB-C, TB3 will not increase the performance. As it is right now USB 3 is capable of the performance cap of the SSD. In the future with higher performance SSDs, M.2, NVME,etc it might be necessary to use TB3 but not currently.

Are you saying SSD speed, based upon current technology, is limited to USB 3.1 (USB-C) theoretical 10 Gbps speed?

Or, that TB3 40 Gbps theoretical max speed-capable SSDs have not yet been manufactured for external drives?

BTW, I’m unfamiliar with M.2, NVME. Please detail a bit more what those standards are about. Thanks.