Thumbgen

Does TG work with Windows 8?

Yes no problems.

wdtvhub wrote:

Yes no problems.

Got any suggestions? It won’t see my mapped Z drive which is the Hub. I had to run it in XP compatablity mode. And the Process Files/Folders window doesn’t show a boarder…crazy stuff. Crashed a couple of times too I think. I’ll have to go try it again and get more specifics. Not home right now.

No issues here, but I have just noticed I am using version 1.3.0.0, so maybe some new issues have been added ?

Just got in and I turned off compaatibility mode for XP. Running in Win8. Works but still no mapped drive showing. Probably a Windows share thing I haven’t figured out yet. But I’m out of ideas there. Now I got to go find a couple of theme specific fonts to install…

Yeah I am guessing that Windows is not showing the mapped drives, so TG won’t see them.

Should be an easy fix ?

wdtvhub wrote:

Yeah I am guessing that Windows is not showing the mapped drives, so TG won’t see them.

Should be an easy fix ?

Maybe I’m wrong but it shouldn’t have to be fixed. The Hub is shared in Win8 as drive Z. That should be all I need to do. That’s all I did for Win7. Good thing I have a drive tray I can go back to Win7 :slight_smile: Like having 2 PCs…

Dunno then

A drive thats showng as shared on your network should show up fine, I have lots of mapped/shared drives and noticed no difference coming from Win 7 to 8 ?

I had the same problem when I got a new Win8 box. All the drives were present except the mapped drive for the Hub. I ran it in compatibility mode too to get around it but found other issues while doing movie searches. I finally fixed it by moving the Thumbgen installation folder out of the ProgramFiles folder on the C: drive and placing it in my D:\ drive where I store my music and pics. I could see the mapped drive for the Hub immediately. I figured it was a Administrators permission thing. 

Don’t know if you have it setup in the same way though.

Ahh

Well I only ever have it in the root of my C drive…so u may have a point.

Grayskull wrote:

I had the same problem when I got a new Win8 box. All the drives were present except the mapped drive for the Hub. I ran it in compatibility mode too to get around it but found other issues while doing movie searches. I finally fixed it by moving the Thumbgen installation folder out of the ProgramFiles folder on the C: drive and placing it in my D:\ drive where I store my music and pics. I could see the mapped drive for the Hub immediately. I figured it was a Administrators permission thing. 

Don’t know if you have it setup in the same way though.

Yup!! That turned the key! Moved it out to the root of C: and Z: (mapped Hub) is there!

Ok…now we need someone to tell us what we have to do to the .exe file to give it the correct permissions. Gosh I hate all this security garbage windowz has added. I can’t figure half of it out and I’ve been tinkering around with PC’s since the DOS days. I guess I’m getting too old and technology is passing me by.