These drives are terrible

All i want to do is transfer some files from my computer to this wd2500me and i just can’t figure it out. for one these things should come with the right drives and i do not understand why i have to use this wd sync thing you all should have made these things alot easier to use. they should be like a flash drive. im getting ready to take a hammer to it.

Just who in the world told you that you have to/ need to use WD Sync? Just because the software is not friendly to you doesn’t mean that the drive itself is terrible.

Format the drive and that takes care of WD Sync. Also, WD Sync does not stop you from using the drive as a Flash drive…

hey pizza guy…  how do you use these drives like flash drives, and how do you select which files to backup, and which to leave alone…  all i want are my pics and music off of 3 computers…?

any help would be greatly appreciated…

danshoup86 wrote:

hey pizza guy…  how do you use these drives like flash drives, and how do you select which files to backup, and which to leave alone…  all i want are my pics and music off of 3 computers…?

any help would be greatly appreciated…

Just like a thumb drive, find what you want to copy and drag it to the external drive / copy & paste, hence you are fully selecting what you want to backup, but you need to find it on your computer first, at least that’s how it goes with the Passport of the topic owner.

If you want to copy the files from 3 computers like a flash drive, find the main folder that has the files that you want, then right click the folder / file> Select Copy > Go to the external drive (on Computer or My Computer)> Right click the external drive> Select Paste.

Another way is to find the main folder that has the files that you want> Right click the folder / file> Highight Send to> Select the external drive.