Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

UPDATE DECEMBER 5

PSD FILES DOWNLOAD

As promisesd the PSD files, don’t expect too much, i am an obsessive “combiner” that means many flating elements are combined with others, i put in the file what I have left, i am not sure if it is enough to create a whole new theme but most can be easily edited such as the main menu and the basic pages. Do with it whatever you wanna do, hereby I am granting an unlimited license for the files I own and created myself, whatever you do with it is fine by me. A Handful genre images are included (i don’t use much myself) and of course the template for genres is included, Flthemi has done a whole bunch of genre images, the link is shared on page 6 of this thread.

All files been created in Corel Photo Paint and converted to PSD which means font dynamics will be lost but you are not going to use the dynamic fonts (usually Mamba Logo) anyways in your own work, so you should be fine.

Have Fun

2 Likes

Much appreciated, and good luck with your new venture…

Legaldawg wrote:

Much appreciated, and good luck with your new venture…

thank you… make sure you guys post your results here, even if it is just a screen shot if you don’t care to share your work.

And by the way, per your earlier offer, if you get a chance this weekend to append the move rating “age restriction thingie” to your theme that would be much appreciated!

Legaldawg wrote:

And by the way, per your earlier offer, if you get a chance this weekend to append the move rating “age restriction thingie” to your theme that would be much appreciated!

that’s not going to be a problem, I have a few hours by the end of the week

the question is do you rather want  a dry age restriction or a smybol showing when it is is not suitable for kids.

This could easily be done so you can set the age limit yourself. Let me know

Don’t know about everyone else here, but the actual rating (in the US, G, PG, PG-13, R or NR) would work best for me.

In particular, if possible, it would be great to have the actual symbol appear (I think it’s normally the letter inside a standard box)?  I think I’ve seen this in some themes on this site?  If not, merely adding the rating in words to the theme would also work.

Once again, I appreciate it.

that’s no problem, any desired position like in the preview image? which would be the easies thing coz i dont need to mess with the lay out

@Dev, thanks for the PSD files! I don’t use Adobe but you may have just convinced me to start playing around with this stuff. Very generous of you to offer us the files to modify.

-P

so what is the last version of Black Mamba that worked the best with the SMP?

also thumbgen is giving me an error message, crashes and closes when I try to create folder sheet

dudeman316 wrote:

so what is the last version of Black Mamba that worked the best with the SMP?

also thumbgen is giving me an error message, crashes and closes when I try to create folder sheet

something was changed with TV Shows on IMDB i think, i get all sorts of problems myself.

I don’t seem to have problems with movies.

the work around is to have everything in proper folders like Series/season/file it works for me.

Also with the folder images if they are not for TV Shows it could be the location I intend for them to be saved. You could enter and absolute path such as c:/moviesheets and it should work… can’t really tell what the problem is based on what you posted.

This theme will work fine for SMP, if you want to use the new sheets load the V4 Profiles and change the cooresponding template in Options/Moviesheets on the bottom right corner from the drop down boxes. It will behave like your old sheets but update the designs. I heard people like the new sheets better.

first off, thanks DeV for releasing this, 2nd I am glad to hear from you.

Ok for the TV shows I do have them Series Name/Season/

example Family Guy/Season 1/Family Guy.S01.E01.avi

/Season 2/Family Guy.S02.E01.avi

always worked before im not sure what I am doing wrong.

I was able to create one folder sheet for Family Guy, then there after it would crash. So I dloaded ThumbGen Lite, same thing, created one folder sheet for American Dad, then after that it would crash.

Also another question, is it possible to have the folder template popup for the different season folders?

& I asked the SMP question because I am hinting for one for Christmas :slight_smile: thanks again

dudeman316 wrote:

first off, thanks DeV for releasing this, 2nd I am glad to hear from you.

Ok for the TV shows I do have them Series Name/Season/

example Family Guy/Season 1/Family Guy.S01.E01.avi

/Season 2/Family Guy.S02.E01.avi

always worked before im not sure what I am doing wrong.

I was able to create one folder sheet for Family Guy, then there after it would crash. So I dloaded ThumbGen Lite, same thing, created one folder sheet for American Dad, then after that it would crash.

Also another question, is it possible to have the folder template popup for the different season folders?

& I asked the SMP question because I am hinting for one for Christmas :slight_smile: thanks again

seems fine but I know the problem, it got something to do with the collector. sometimes info is even incomplete and i got these crashes too, i have re-installed thumbgen in a different location and added the folders on my local hard drive, i cannot tell you which move fixed the problem. I suggest you do the same, delete everything thumbgen related and install it in a new folder and maybe change the location for the image to save, maybe change it to a local folder, you can always get the original settings back with the bundles :slight_smile:

Dev:

Regarding the question you asked as to proposed positions for insertion of rating into the theme, I would suggest either above or below the director field, or above/below the IMDB rating?

Thanks very much…

I had has similar issues to dudeman and a reinstall of TG solved them. I have had to do it a few time, as the app seems to have lost the bundle on my a few times so I had to reinstall for that as well (would see it as installed but not have the templates).

@Dudeman: I did the Family Guy series and did not have any issues, using a similar naming convention to you (Season 1 Family.Guy.S01.E01.-.Death.has.a.Shadow.avi). I did though as Dev stated end up changing the output directory to an absolute path so that all of the sheets would end up in the same folder.

Also, although very manual, I have been making season folders for the TV shows. I just make a TV show folder using “semi automatic mode”, choose a picture from the fanart that represents that season, and then if you want you can change “Title” and “Overview” which are the only fields that end up on the folder screen. The output file name will be the showname.jpg, so I change that to the season. EX: Generate a “Family Guy.jpg” , rename it to “Family Guy Season One.jpg” and remove the jpg as always. I keep TG open while going through the process, so as soon as I do the rename for the first season, I gen another one for season two, and keep repeating till all the seasons are done.

Pretty manual, especialy if you change the “overview” field with a cut and paste from another website for the season synopsis, but after getting the folders done for the main show folder, I loved the look so much I wanted it for every season.

-P

Hi, I have “Sequel” Folder under my movie collection. In that folder I have different sub folders say “Rambo”, “Die Hard”, “Back to the Future” etc and each of this folder contains the movies. i.e “Rambo” Consists Rambo 1,2,3,4…

Now, I want to generate Folder Sheet for “Rambo” folder. All I want is a nice Fanart for the folder and Title and some Overview (similar to season folder for TV Shows). I never used TV Sheet template in TG. Should I use TV sheet template in TG to achieve this? Could you please let me know the steps that i need to follow? Thanks in advance.

sudheer wrote:

Hi, I have “Sequel” Folder under my movie collection. In that folder I have different sub folders say “Rambo”, “Die Hard”, “Back to the Future” etc and each of this folder contains the movies. i.e “Rambo” Consists Rambo 1,2,3,4…

Now, I want to generate Folder Sheet for “Rambo” folder. All I want is a nice Fanart for the folder and Title and some Overview (similar to season folder for TV Shows). I never used TV Sheet template in TG. Should I use TV sheet template in TG to achieve this? Could you please let me know the steps that i need to follow? Thanks in advance.

i have an automated process for my other project, for the Live Hub I came up with a semi automatic solution which would require several templates. i.E. 3 movies, 4 movies, 5 movies… more than 5 wouldn’t look good but if a series had like 20 movies such as James Bond you still could use those that are most repsentative. If anyone wants those templates I would put them in bundles and post the on the weekend together with the age restriction thingie.

The Bourne Series

3 Likes

THUMBGEN ISSUES WITH TV SHOWS

don’t worry you didn’t do anything wrong, thetvdb.com was undergoing a code change and ThumbGen will update it as soon he gets the time for it, untill then automated processing will only work as long your episodes are in a proper folder structure (Arrow/Season1/Arrow.S01.E01.mkv) if it is not in a correct folder it will prompt you for manual processing and somehow the delivered code is messing with ThumbGen's stability.

DeVicious That’s great. Thanks a lot.

sudheer wrote:

DeVicious That’s great. Thanks a lot, I will be waiting for the weekend to work on my folder sheets. Thanks!

ok i will do it but be prepared it is not a walk in the park because thumbgen supports only 1 cover and will not be able to automatically create covers for several movies. this means you will have to generate the covers first and then load them via manual adding in to the template as a fanart. i will provide the PSD files along with it, that is potentially faster.

I have all the covers in the folders, I can use the same. So, in the template, when it asks for the fanart, i can load them from my existing covers from the folder (Just like mamba 1.9 Fanart (?)). I am not sure about PSD files (as i dont have Photoshop experience to work on those), may be i am getting confused, will try to workout once you upload them. Thanks!