Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

Long time mamba user! First time poster.

Just a quick “tweak” that someone could help me with.

While Thumbgenning my TV Sheets, I noticed my font under the F2 picture (where it shows the SEASON and EPISODE)and the AIR DATE under the (season cover) isn’t the same as the one depicted in Dev’s screenshot of her Vampire Diaries tv episodes.

Is this because I may be missing a particular font on my compter that I need to have the same style and size of text for the generated tv sheet?  If so, which one do I require? 

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Other then that, great to have these new linksheets in the theme! MUCH APPRECIATED over here Dev!

-Jay-

flhthemi wrote:

Here’s how I handled it:

You have to edit your settings in ThumbGen.

1. Open TG

2. Insure the Current Profile is set to the desired profile (for me Coco Movie Sheet)

3. Click the Options button

4.Click the Input/Output Naming tab

1. Edit info in Main Movie Sheet FROM: $M$N_sheet TO: Your Drive Letter:\Sheets$N$E (Mine was D:\Sheets$N$E)

2. Create a folder on the drive you just pathed to above in the root titled “Sheets”

3. Save your changes

4. Do the same for your TV sheet profile but you already have a \Sheets folder

Line five above just appends the .AVI or whatever into the filename so it will look like this “Batman Returns.avi.jpg”

Now all you need to do is batch remove the .jpg from the files in yourdrive:\sheets as that’s where they will be now, just waiting. I use file ReNamer and the tab for find and replace and just put in .jpg for find and nothing for replace.

@flhthemi, thanks so much for this amazing tip. Took a little bit of shifting a bit as the naming convention for BMFinal is not exactly the same as your example, but once I figured it out with a quick check into the TG manual, your trick saved me a ton of time. An excellent workaround!

Thanks

-P

Legaldawg wrote:

Sincere thanks to Marketa/Dev for this wonderful theme.  This theme, and others provided by this forum’s talented creators, have wholly enhanced my enjoyment of the sometimes frustrating WDTV LiveHub product.

A simple question which I’ll direct generally, as I understand Dev has moved on and cannot support the theme:  because I have young children, wondering if there is anything I can do to insert movie MPAA ratings into the onscreen information?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help in this regard?

You can edit the moviesheet template using Thumbgen editor and add it yourself. I edited mine to add MPAA rating also, so my kids know if they are allowed to watch it.

Open Thumbgen designer, Click File, Open,  browse for Templates Folder (Should be located in same folder as where you downloaded your ThumbGen to), Black Mamba Final, Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious, then Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious again, then there should be a Template.xml file. Open that.

After opening that, you’ll be in edit mode with the template. You can take some time to learn how to add or edit things. The easiest way, how I did it, was right- clicked on Director (under output image elements), then Copy.

Then I pasted it on the actual template. After the paste, make sure the “Move Mode” button up top is clicked on, click on the bottom Director to highlight it (the should be two now that you copied one) and move it to above the fanart one on the right side or wherever you want it to display.

Then unclick “Move Mode” and highlight it again. From there write “Rated: %MPAA%” in the Text box (on the right) to “Directed by: …”.  Of course you can edit the size and color of the font as well as the dimensions of the box.

I hope this made sense.

BEFORE you open that template file, make a copy of it or make sure you still have the .zip file it was originally in. If you mess up, you can start over :slight_smile:

Thanks very much to both of you–precisely the information I was looking for…

I continue to be amazed about the expertise on this forum, and the willingness of those possessing it to help others.

Legaldawg wrote:

Thanks very much to both of you–precisely the information I was looking for…

I continue to be amazed about the expertise on this forum, and the willingness of those possessing it to help others.

No problem. I forgot to mention in the instructions above that I moved the IDMB stars and rating to below the title to make room for the MPAA rating. Make sure to remember to save the file after you finish it.

Also, a big Thanks to Devicious for letting us have this great theme.

Sorry I can’t understand how to set a certain picture in the moviesheet, I’m using thumbgen in manual mode but it seams it sets random picture automatically onto the moviesheet and it won’t let me change it…

Click and drag is your best friend :slight_smile:

Great theme… LOVE IT!!

But i need some help getting the movie sheets to work on my SMP.

I know its a linksheet theme, but can i not get the sheets to still work from the same directory as the movies?

Here is what i have using the sheets bundle with thumbgen. My drive is connected via USB to the SMP.

3.10 to Yuma (2007).jpg

3.10 to Yuma (2007).mkv

3.10 to Yuma (2007).mkv_sheet

Theme works great, and thumbgen. Just need the theme to show the sheets in the same dir as the movies without using an xml.

you didn’t read the guide did you

linksheets don’t go in the same location as the movies

I’ve found out we need only to select one picture as F1 and the other as F2…so easy :slight_smile:

Can anyone create new Genre Folders for this theme? Similar to this: folder.jpg

I’m still using the old Black Mamba Genre folders and they do not match this new theme very well :cry:

Do you like either of these?

Dangsta wrote:

Can anyone create new Genre Folders for this theme? Similar to this: folder.jpg

I’m still using the old Black Mamba Genre folders and they do not match this new theme very well :cry:

I will upload the PSD file and those I have made for myself this week, I am stuck in my other project right now and the PSD files need some cleaning up before i release them :slight_smile:

Dangsta wrote:

Legaldawg wrote:

Sincere thanks to Marketa/Dev for this wonderful theme.  This theme, and others provided by this forum’s talented creators, have wholly enhanced my enjoyment of the sometimes frustrating WDTV LiveHub product.

A simple question which I’ll direct generally, as I understand Dev has moved on and cannot support the theme:  because I have young children, wondering if there is anything I can do to insert movie MPAA ratings into the onscreen information?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help in this regard?

You can edit the moviesheet template using Thumbgen editor and add it yourself. I edited mine to add MPAA rating also, so my kids know if they are allowed to watch it.

Open Thumbgen designer, Click File, Open,  browse for Templates Folder (Should be located in same folder as where you downloaded your ThumbGen to), Black Mamba Final, Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious, then Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious again, then there should be a Template.xml file. Open that.

After opening that, you’ll be in edit mode with the template. You can take some time to learn how to add or edit things. The easiest way, how I did it, was right- clicked on Director (under output image elements), then Copy.

Then I pasted it on the actual template. After the paste, make sure the “Move Mode” button up top is clicked on, click on the bottom Director to highlight it (the should be two now that you copied one) and move it to above the fanart one on the right side or wherever you want it to display.

Then unclick “Move Mode” and highlight it again. From there write “Rated: %MPAA%” in the Text box (on the right) to “Directed by: …”.  Of course you can edit the size and color of the font as well as the dimensions of the box.

I hope this made sense.

it appears to be that due to windows security the font was not installed on your machine, you might wanna do that in order to keep the titles and everything in place this one looks a lil messy (from a creators point if view) simply go through the template folder and double click the 2 font types, sheets will look a lot better afterwards, there is also a smarter and nicer looking way to add the age restriction thingie, I will have a few minutes on the weekend and send post it here.

Thanks Marketa/Dev–that is much appreciated!

@fhlthemi - Yes, I like them both, maybe the one on the right slightly better. It’d be great if you could post your set. I’m sure users would like the option to use the ones they like.

@Devicious - I have added the fonts and wow. Yes the theme even looks better. I didnt even notice that, Thanks. That’d be great if you posted your set of Genre Folders too! Yes, I explained it best I could but I myself am just learning Thumbgen so it probably wasnt the best explanation. Thanks again for the AWESOME THEME!

Dangsta wrote:

@fhlthemi - Yes, I like them both, maybe the one on the right slightly better. It’d be great if you could post your set. I’m sure users would like the option to use the ones they like.

You should be able to get to the rest of them on photobucket by clicking on either of the two covers I put up.

Or this one > http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/flhthemi/WD%20HUB%20Genere%20Covers/

flhthemi wrote:

Dangsta wrote:

You should be able to get to the rest of them on photobucket by clicking on either of the two covers I put up.

Or this one > http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/flhthemi/WD%20HUB%20Genere%20Covers/

Very nice! How do you change the image on the main theme page? Thanks in advance!

Dangsta wrote:

Very nice! How do you change the image on the main theme page? Thanks in advance!

I’m not going to tell you exactly how because if I do you won’t have learned much. But put a copy of the theme you want to change somewhere on your PC to play with. Look at the stuff in the “image” folder inside the theme. Get some software to edit images like Gimp and go have some fun. If you find they can’t be pulled into the editor of your choice, change the file extension from .png to .jpg. Pull it into the editor make changes save it as .jpg and then change the extension back to .png so the hub will pull it in.

Who knows! Maybe you’ll be the next themer we’re all crazy about!

The only wrong way to do something is the way it didn’t work like you wanted it to!