Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

@Gatesjunior,

Do you have the linksheets working with that small xml?

Is that all I need to do?  I gather you aren’t putting anything in the root of the SMP but storing them just as normal moviesheets (i.e. in the folder of the movie).

If so, you are a star! Kudos! :slight_smile:

That is correct, the xml is stored in the same directory as the movie and that is all you need.  But, keep in mind, it is not realy linksheet setups that require no xml, but I get really good performance and the sheets already contain everything of course and the xml just tells it to load the sheet as the movie sheet.  

What I am currently working on is when you are on the small video browse view, 2 rows of dvd titles, if you choose one of the videos from the listing, have it take you to the moviesheet view and from there you could play it.  I like the fast view of the small video browse,  but once I choose the movie, I would like to be able to view the details or just play it…

Nice idea. Let me know how you get on please.  I followed your wee xml thing and it works wonders.  It only takes seconds to write the xml so that’s fine by me.

One thing I can’t get working on the SMP, and don’t know if you’ve tried, is the Genre Folder sheets.  Has anyone had any luck with this on the SMP?

can you have, or should  I say will 2 WD TV Live HUbs on the same network work together?

dudeman316 wrote:

can you have, or should  I say will 2 WD TV Live HUbs on the same network work together?

yes that works on each device the other one is a network drive, obviously you cannot merge them but you didn’t ask that anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like the way Prophet_ca has the series folders set up (i,e the harry potter series folders) is there a guide or step by step process to do this? Also does anyone have a set of Genre Covers already made that goes well with the GB BM Theme? I appreciate any help :smiley:  Thanks in Advance.

Inch-Hi wrote:

Like the way Prophet_ca has the series folders set up (i,e the harry potter series folders) is there a guide or step by step process to do this? Also does anyone have a set of Genre Covers already made that goes well with the GB BM Theme? I appreciate any help :smiley:  Thanks in Advance.

This is explained several times in this thread by prophet_ca, myself and I am sure others as well. Check pages 17-19. You can use TG or just make them yourself in a a graphics program

Check those post first and then let us know where you get confused so we can give you a hand. I dont want to write the process down all over again when it’s already in this thread. it is well worth reading this thread from the beginning and you will find all the information you are lookin for.

Devicious offered up her genre folders on page 17 of this thread as well. You can download them there. A few others have links to their own genre folders as well in this thread. 

-P

1 Like

Thanks Pearl,

i will give it a try, and if i get stuck anywhere i’ll come back and let you know where i’m stuck at, also thanks for the quick response. 

I was told the new firmware has broken nothing in this theme,  was briefly testing myself and couldn’t find any problems…

i hope nobody was shocked by the warning page :slight_smile: (i was because i forgot about it)

Hi,

Happy to see that BM is working on SMP ( @gatesjunior )  … I’m trying to get Genre/Folder working for this theme 3 days ago I can’t get the backdrop correctly.

Can you please help me ? I have the correct sheet but i don’t know where to put it even how directories are organised on SMP becaus e I have no access to the home root theme …

Any help please … sorry for my english and Thanks

I have just installed the theme and created the movie linked sheets, and folder genere etc as per the various threads in here (thanks guys for this theme it just chnaged my WDTV :slight_smile: )

Anyway i have a question in regards to the movie covers that are created in the movie folder. My device is still a little bit sluggish (ie not instant like the movie sheets) when pulling them from my network share. Can this theme be tweaked to have the movie covers moved to the HHD in the WDTV Live? if it can can someone show what needs to be done and how to do it?

Thanks

MnM001, how sluggish is your refresh of the covers? I have a similar setup where all my movies and tv shows are on remote machines running windows7, and I am attaching to them via SAMBA (network shares). Admitedly it is not instantaeous, but my covers refresh in gallery mode in around 5 seconds. Not as good as if I had them on the HUB itself, but not long enough to cause me any care. The linksheets being on the hub are very fast.

That said, once I go into a genre folder and the movie covers come up, from then on, as long as the hub is on, they stay in cache and come up immediatly when I go back into that genre folder.

Not sure if you can do what you are asking, but have yet to see anyone post here on how to do so when using local linksheets and remote covers so I assume no one has figured this out yet or if it even possible. Hopefully someone does know the anwer though. As I said, it doesn’t take very long on my setup to refresh, but I would always take something faster if some one here knows how to do it.

-P

Hi,

Is not a big issue - I can always see the default icons when browsing and then slowly likr 1 per second they get updated. When I scroll through the movies the last icon is always the defualt one and then 1 sec late it gets updated.

Just like you if there is a way to make it better I am interested :slight_smile:

How well does GOodBye Black Mamba theme work with Firmware Version 3.09.18?

MnM001 wrote:

Just like you if there is a way to make it better I am interested :slight_smile:

this process got nothing to do with the theme it is firmware related.

a theme is pretty much nothing else but a skin with the ability to re-arrange the entire lay-out.

This delay is corresponding with your network and computer response time, an external hard drive would be a lot faster.

dudeman316 wrote:

How well does GOodBye Black Mamba theme work with Firmware Version 3.09.18?

works fine!

1 Like

Thanks DeV, wanted to make sure before I updated :slight_smile:

DeV, is there anyway I can get the text (name of file) back at the bottom in gallery view? I havent had a lot of time to run all my videos through thumbgen and well it makes it difficult for my wife lol. Thanks

Hey, thanks for all the work that has been put into this project, it has made tvlivehub experience a lot easier and more enjoyable for me and my family.

I have spent ages sorting through my archive of films and tv shows and everything is working great except the last thing I was planning on doing. In the OP it explains how to make the genre folder sheets. I like the idea it looks great but it only explained how to make them and not how to tie them to the folder image.

I might be missing something simple but I just couldn’t figure it out. Thanks for any replies

I have spent ages sorting through my archive of films and tv shows and everything is working great except the last thing I was planning on doing. In the OP it explains how to make the genre folder sheets. I like the idea it looks great but it only explained how to make them and not how to tie them to the folder image.

Once you have made the backdrop via whatever method you have chosen, you just need to name it the exact same name as the genre folder with no extension, and then put it in the root of the theme just like the rest of you link sheets.

So, your backdrop for a genre folder called “action”, you would just rename to “action” without the jpg extension and drop it in the root of the theme. Then make your folder.jpg and put it inside the genre folder, wherever you are keeping that (local hubdrive, external, NAS etc)

Good Luck

-P

1 Like