Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

Thanks for the quick response. What you suggested is similar to what I was trying but without the extension. I tried what you said but still no results unfortunately.

This is what I’m trying:

Hub > Films > Action > Action.jpg (Folder jpg)

Hub > Theme > goodbye Black Mamba Theme > Action (Backdrop)

Seems very similar to the movie linksheets which all work fine but for some reason I still get the standard backdrop and can’t figure out where I’ve gone wrong.

Any reason why you are not using Devs template and instructions on Page 1 ?

GENRE FOLDER SHEETS (updated 12/14/12)

I am, that was what I referred to as the backdrop. It says how to create them but not what to do with them to link them to the folder.jpg

BenW90 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. What you suggested is similar to what I was trying but without the extension. I tried what you said but still no results unfortunately.

This is what I’m trying:

Seems very similar to the movie linksheets which all work fine but for some reason I still get the standard backdrop and can’t figure out where I’ve gone wrong.

Ben, what you are writing above is the correct method, so sorry, not sure what you are doing wrong. If all your movie linksheets work fine, than we know that your setup is correct as far as the theme install and the timer etc. I am assuming you just left out the .wdtv folder that is on the HUB which your themes are in. Though I dont keep my movies on the hub itself, below is my setup which is near identical to yours and I have close to 20 working genre folders.

HUB.wd.tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme\Action (backdrop renamed from action.jpg)

Server\Movies\Action\folder.jpg

Wish I had more to offer but if you really have it setup that way, it should work. I would copy your “action” backdrop to another drive, add the jpg extension and make sure that it looks like what you think it should.

-P

BenW90 wrote:

This is what I’m trying:

Ben, 

• The Folder Genre backdrops should be created as .jpg files, example “Action.jpg” 

• After creation by Thumbgen, locate that file and remove the extension “.jpg”

• It should now read “Action” with no extension. 

• Cut/Copy that file into the goodbye Black Mamba Theme folder. 

• As long as your folder is named exact same, “Action” , then the Genre Folder backdrop should display correctly. 

As far as the folder image, they should be named “folder.jpg” not “Action.jpg” 

So my setup for Action looks like this: 

Hub > Action > folder.jpg (and all of my action movies)

Hub > Themes > goodbye Black Mamba > Action (Backdrop, with .jpg extension removed earlier)

Hope this helps 

BenW90 wrote:

This is what I’m trying:

Ben, one thing came to mind as I just made a genre sheet myself that did not work, and took me a few minutes to figure out. The Backdrop linksheet must have the same capitalization as the folder name. See if that is your issue. My issue was that the folder name is “Crime” and I had named the backdrop “crime”. A quick change in capitalizing the “C” and all was well

Check and see if that is where your issues lies

-P

1 Like

Got it working now after all the advice given it makes sense now. Thanks a lot for the all the help, very happy with the results.

new firmware was released very recently anyone know yet if this theme compatible with it yet?

yeah, GBBM seems to be working fine with FW 3.09.18. I have been testing it for a while and have not come across any new issues.

-P

thanks

Hi

Is there anyway of getting the Black Mamba v1.9 theme, would love to have this on my WDTV SMP

Many Thanks

this works just fine on the SMP

only limitation is space for sheets, which WDLXTV has a hack for

Hi anychance of the link to the hack

many thanks

ya can you please post the link to hack.

Check the SMP forum, KAD79 was nice enough to start a thread there on the topic

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/homebrew-now-available/m-p/523646/highlight/true#M15872

djmike wrote:

Hi

Is there anyway of getting the Black Mamba v1.9 theme, would love to have this on my WDTV SMP

Many Thanks

no it’s gone and i don’t want it to be re-uploaded again because it wasn’t working properly

How do I make tv show sheets for the season 1, season 2… etc folders??

sword7 wrote:

How do I make tv show sheets for the season 1, season 2… etc folders??

You have to use a template in Thumbgen from BM V4 called “TV Season - Series Covers by Devicious”. It will make one for each season plus the main folder of the show

-P

Hey thanks for the reply Pearl.

I used that template, as well as the Black Mamba Final TV Sheets (which just seems to apply a little image formatting on folder art) but I am not seeing any generated files for the series SEASON folders.

To get this to work with series folders and and the actual episode files, I copy the generated link sheets into the theme directory. series folders with no file extention and for the actual episode files, i copy the exact file name over with the same extention as my tv show file.

I am just a little baffeled on how you do this with Season 1 type folders as every series I have has a Season 1 folder… and im not even seeing the season 1 folder art being generated… ???

sword7 wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply Pearl.

I used that template, as well as the Black Mamba Final TV Sheets (which just seems to apply a little image formatting on folder art) but I am not seeing any generated files for the series SEASON folders.

To get this to work with series folders and and the actual episode files, I copy the generated link sheets into the theme directory. series folders with no file extention and for the actual episode files, i copy the exact file name over with the same extention as my tv show file.

I am just a little baffeled on how you do this with Season 1 type folders as every series I have has a Season 1 folder… and im not even seeing the season 1 folder art being generated… ???

Well what most of us are doing is renaming the Season 1 Folder to something like NCIS Season 1, NCIS Season 2, etc… As they have to have a UNIQUE folder name to use a linksheet theme. Otherwise, well, you see the problem you have. :slight_smile:

Some TV show titles can be rather long, like Adventures of Superman. So for Season folder names *I* do “Season 1 (AOS)”. TVDB still finds it just fine with Thumbgen.

1 Like