Thecus NAS + WDTV Live Plus

I have been using the WDTV Live units for a few years now and have never had an issue.  I recently picekd up a Live Plus unit and I can get it to browse my NAS shares like my older Live does.  I get the option for “Windows Shares” or “Linux Shares” and I select “Windows Shares”…but all I see are the Windows PCs I have on my network.  I want to be able to browse the CIFS share I have set up off of my NAS (Thecus N7700…similar to another user in this forum)…again, this was NOT a problem with the original Live units…just this new Plus model.

I have a hard wired 1GB network and am running the latest firmware, as of today…1.07 (something).

Any suggestions would be helpful.  I set up my NAS as a “media server” and I can browse the folders that way, but I can’t see any of my .MKV files…just the DiVx/XViD ones.

Sturmie

Hello, try pressing the reset button in the bottom side for 1 second.

How does resetting the WDTV Live Plus accomplish anything?  Just curious.

It should rescan the media server. But also remember that the media server must support .MKV files.

Ah, I see…so, the file type is dependent on the media server side…gotcha.  Well, when I use my WDTV Live, it will pick up the shares off the NAS automagically…why won’t the WDTV Live Plus do this?  It’s technically just a “Windows Share”.

Ok, so Thecus has a supported Twonky Media Server module that seems to accomplish what I’m looking to do, however, I would still like to be able to browse directly to my NAS shares like I can with the 2nd gen (WDTV Live) units.

Any help with that would be appreciated.