The 16 tb My Book Duo external hard drive

Hello.

I just got this external drive from amazon and ended up paying around £500 for it.

I have some questions and must admit i’m quite disappointed.

1. why is it that my 16 tb external hard drive shows up as a 14.5 external hard drive when I look in the properties?

2. I was cutting quite a bit of data from my old external hard drive when I got a message, something like, unable to coppie (name of file,) due to a fatal hardwhere error. I canciled everything and went into my main folder in the my book duo external hard drive and I couldn’t open the folder. When I tried I got a similar message. Unable to open folder due to a faital hardware problem. I turned off the hard drive and turned it on again and everything seems to be working okay… For now…

My question is this; why the heck did I get those messages when I just got the product today?

I’ve not updated the hard drive because I asumed it would have the latest updates on it as it is new.

I’d like to know how to check weather my hard drive is up to date and if not, how to get the files needed for the update.

I am blind so please don’t try to show me any pictures as I will not be able to see them.

Thank you,
Brad.

Hello.

I have decided to send the hard drive back. I have used a seegate external drive for quite a few years and they’ve not given me fatal disk errors like this company. I will be buying a seegate external hard drive (Their 8 tb moddle.)

I am quite disappointed. 1. this is meant to be a 16 tb hard drive, instead; it is a 14.5 external hard drive. 2. getting a fatal disk error on the first day of using it just after a couple of hours of copying things over is not good, not good at all.

I’d recommend staying away from the my book duo 16 tb hard drive from this company. I am personally staying away full stop. To those of you who enjoy these hard drives, good luck and I hope they don’t do the same as they did for me.

See if this helps
Available Capacity of Drive is Smaller than Drive Label[quote=“Bradley_Brown, post:1, topic:188135”]
I’d like to know how to check weather my hard drive is up to date and if not, how to get the files needed for the update.
[/quote]

The latest update for this product came out on 2014

See the following link:
https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=262&lang=en

Hello.

Thank you for your reply. I have decided to send the product back as I feel it isn’t worth waisting my time on a product that may give me fatal disk errors after I transfer data onto it.

I’ll probably be going with Seegate as I’ve used their harddrives for a long time and they’ve not given me an error within the 5 or so years of using them.