System Diagnosis to my Mycloud 3T

I have just bought a 3T Mycloud and tried running "System Diagnosis (Full Test) but consistently got the following error messages ( 3 times).

"

• Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200005)
    • Unknown error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance. (200000)
  • diagnostic_test_progress_form_error

• diagnostic_test_progress_form_error"

• What is wrong? Is the 3T Mycloud defective?

• Anyone can help

If you just bought the My Cloud, what have you done so far?

1. Have you updated the firmware? If so, how? Manual/Automatic
  2. Have you loaded any files on the My Cloud?
  3. What features have you left on/turned off? Media Server/Remote Access/Time Machine/Automatic Updates … etc…
  4. Has this been the case “System Diagnosis” failure since you purchased the unit?
  5. Have you tried a “System Only Restore”? This does NOT delete your data.
  6. Have you rebooted the My Cloud? using a 4/40 second reset.

I do manual updates to firmware ONLY … this has redueced many errors in updates. Also I have “Automatic Updates” turned off. Sometimes after a firmware update you have to do a “System Only Restore” for things to act normally.

The more info you can provide will help us - help you :wink:

1 Like

Thks for yr reply, I reply in red  in yr order as follows-

1. Have you updated the firmware? If so, how? Manual/Automatic Yes, auto
  2. Have you loaded any files on the My Cloud? No, just open box and wish to check any bad sectors
  3. What features have you left on/turned off? Media Server/Remote Access/Time Machine/Automatic Updates … etc…I did not do any setting after opening box, I just left all as default
  4. Has this been the case “System Diagnosis” failure since you purchased the unit? I purchased 3 days ago. I wish to ensure it in perfect condiiton or i can return it to the retail shop and get a new replacement within ONE week. (normal sale rule of HONG KONG). If beyond ONE week, I need to approach the WD and go the warranty routine.
  5. Have you tried a “System Only Restore”? This does NOT delete your data. Yes,but not successful with the Full one, but OK with the Quick One. However all i want is to scan the hard drive to ensure no bad sectors before migrating data to it.
  6. Have you rebooted the My Cloud? using a 4/40 second reset. Yes, but just the 4 second one and this helped me coming out from the Full Restore Mode (being still seen as 1% after running for more than a day)

I do manual updates to firmware ONLY … this has redueced many errors in updates. Also I have “Automatic Updates” turned off. Sometimes after a firmware update you have to do a “System Only Restore” for things to act normally.

Since you haven’t loaded anything on the My Cloud we are free to do most anything.

1. Have you updated the firmware? If so, how? Manual/Automatic Yes, auto : Turn the Automatic Update off  “Settings -> Firmware->Auto Update”. You can always download the firmware from WD’s Download page and install it yourself. It’s faster and more reliable. Plus you have it for backup

2. Is the led light in the front of the My Cloud “Blue”?

3. What version of firmware is your My Cloud running? v04.01.02-417 is the latest

4. First thing I would try, turn off the My Cloud: Settings->Utilities->Device Maintenance->Shutdown.

5. Unplug the My Cloud.

Follow the 40 second reset that is in the manual. Page 120 “Resetting with Power Off”. This has been know to correct  issue with the OS and firmware.

I have ONLY done a quick system diagnosis … I’m sure a Full test would take a long time seeing that everything that has to do with the word “FULL” takes forever.

Just to let you know a “Full System Restore” on my 3TB My Cloud took, if I remember correctly, something like 30 hours.

Lets see if any of this helps.

1 Like

Thks guys,

Eventually i have succeeded in having a FULL diagnosis test with “PASS”. A great relieve to me. The point is that I have to let my PC turned on all the time during the test as i have turned PC off the last few times.

Thks again for your advice.

j3579