Swap drives from MyBookWorld White Light II to another unit?

My NAS hardware unit basically froze up, making it impossible to connect to the drives. Question: Can I pull the drive(s) out of this unit and drop them into another unit, such as Western Digital My Book World Edition Network Hard Drive 1TB White W10000 H1NC? I just paid $280 to have the data on the drives recovered but since the WD unit uses a different file structure, it wiped out my entire file structure and file names. I’ve got many thousands of files on there. I emailed WD Support but asking here in case I don’t get a resolution. Thank you.

Hi bombing4x,

We have sent you a message. Please check your Community Message Inbox.

I have the same issue - my WD MyBookWorld White Light II froze and now will no longer turn on. Does it work to put the drives into another similar unit to get the data?

Hi,
I see capacity gauge light on the drive unit. But it would not register at router to get IP address. I could not find a procedure to hard reset. I found a article saying if windows 10 machine is on the network then the drive would not boot up. Can I move the hard drives to another NAS drive as requested by another person? Or even how can I access the drive? I have lots of information on those drives? Let me know if anybody have an answer?