Support FLAC?!

I know, it support flac, but, I’ll be buying the live hub soon, and I already own a wd live.

The peoblem is, the wd live support the flac, but it **bleep** at it for some reason! the quality is bad and it keep stoping and playing the sound without syncing, it is horrible!!

so, does the live hub have the same peoblem? because the only reason I’m leaving my beloved wd live is this issue, most of my HD anime and movies are FLAC, so now I watch them on my pc, AND I DON’T LIKE MY PC :@

some one give me an answer, should I buy it or look for something else?

FLACFTW wrote:

I know, it support flac, but, I’ll be buying the live hub soon, and I already own a wd live.

The peoblem is, the wd live support the flac, but it **bleep** at it for some reason! the quality is bad and it keep stoping and playing the sound without syncing, it is horrible!!

so, does the live hub have the same peoblem? because the only reason I’m leaving my beloved wd live is this issue, most of my HD anime and movies are FLAC, so now I watch them on my pc, AND I DON’T LIKE MY PC :@

Isn’t FLAC for audio files Free Lossless Audio Codec - I’ve never heard of it being used for movies.

badmem wrote:

FLACFTW wrote:

Isn’t FLAC for audio files Free Lossless Audio Codec - I’ve never heard of it being used for movies.

Almost all HD anime that I have are FLAC

FLAC in mkv works fine, don´t worry

foetus wrote:

badmem wrote:

FLACFTW wrote:

Is this the same FLAC that is used for audio? Do you have any reference for using FLAC with video? This is something new to me.

badmem wrote:

foetus wrote:

badmem wrote:

FLACFTW wrote:

Is this the same FLAC that is used for audio? Do you have any reference for using FLAC with video? This is something new to me.

FLAC as like in lossless audio compresion :slight_smile:

latest thing that I saw with flac audio is Redline 1080p BSS rip

Audio #1 (Japanese):

Format: FLAC
Channels: 6 channels
Sampling Rate: 48.0 KHz
Resolution: 16 bits

don´t know why but FLAC is common in HD anime

Flac as audio for a video file often has problems. The best thing to do is extract the audio and remux it as a DTS, PCM, or DD/AC3 track, which all the WDTV units will be able to decode without any errors. I see that Flac is common in some anime, but not at all in any movies or other tv shows/video. I’m not sure why that is, but that’s the reason for the limited support.

snackbidi wrote:

Flac as audio for a video file often has problems. The best thing to do is extract the audio and remux it as a DTS, PCM, or DD/AC3 track, which all the WDTV units will be able to decode without any errors. I see that Flac is common in some anime, but not at all in any movies or other tv shows/video. I’m not sure why that is, but that’s the reason for the limited support.

My first test of WD TV Hub and reason for buying was becouse it didn´t have problem with FLAC like older units.

btw I have 52 anime features with FLAC audio

foetus wrote:

snackbidi wrote:

My first test of WD TV Hub and reason for buying was becouse it didn´t have problem with FLAC like older units.

So the audio is in FLAC format but the video is in a video format. I was having problems understanding how you could get FLAC to process a video file.

badmem wrote:

foetus wrote:

snackbidi wrote:

So the audio is in FLAC format but the video is in a video format. I was having problems understanding how you could get FLAC to process a video file.

man, its in .mkv container :slight_smile:
video is usualy h264 :slight_smile:
snd FLAC or DTS or AC3
subs .**bleep** or srt :slight_smile:

all muxed in nice mkv :slight_smile:

**bleep**  stands for Advanced Substation Alpha :slight_smile:

Okay, it only took me three days to get that :smiley: Thanks for being patient with me!