Suddenly Don't Have Permission To Use This Network Resource?

I have 2 my cloud units, a PR2100, and a 1st Gen single bay unit. Issue applies to my PR2100 unit. Both units have USB drives attached as shares which are not public, and I use 2 PC’s to access. 1st PC (primary) is my laptop running Win 10 pro. 2nd PC is my desktop running Win 11 pro.

I have mapped my drives for easy access. I was able to access my drives perfectly fine up until about 2 weeks ago, click on the mapped drive and it would prompt me for username and password. Enter my credentials, and viola I’m in. I noticed after a reboot of my desktop that I could no longer access my shared drive. I am getting a “Drive is not accessible, you may not have permissions…” message. The single bay unit is set up the same, and I am having NO problems accessing my shared drive. I am able to access the public drive no problem. If I change my shared drive back to public, it allows access (not convenient and not the way I want it). I haven’t rebooted my laptop in a while, and tried to access the drives from that, and it was working just fine. OK Win 11 problem I guess… used the laptop and had no issues until I rebooted my laptop. Went to access the drive and got the same message seen on my desktop. Did something suddenly change?

I’ve turned SMB1 on/off, no change. I’ve created new users in the PR2100, with new passwords, same problem and same message - no permission. I’ve rebooted the My Cloud, and desktop/laptop multiple times, no change. I can access the dashboard and everything else seems fine. Can someone help please.

error

Nothing on my network has changed, it was working perfectly prior, and is still working with the first gen unit.

Came back to say I solved my issue. I needed access to my share, so I went to the dashboard, and changed my share to public, which gave me proper access.

Then I ran CMD as administrator > net stop workstation /y - wait for the service to stop, then ran > net start workstation and allow it to start, exit command prompt.

Went back to the dashboard, and changed my share back to private, and also noticed that at some point it set my user access as DENY. I changed it back to Read/Write, and allowed it to update. Tried to access my share from both PC’s, and both seem to be back in business.

Hopefully this helps someone else.