Subtitle Super Confusion HELP!

I have several movies without subs.  I found a place that i can download “.srt” subs file.  Then place the file in the same  movie folder, but the TV live Plus wont see them? or give me the option to change. 

I have one big movie folder and inside many subfolders, each one of them with one movie, trailer, thumbnail and now the .srt sub file.   Something like this:

Takers Folder

- Takers.avi

- takers.jpg

- Takers Trailer.avi

- takers.english.subs.srt

Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Renaming to

Takers.avi

Takers.en.srt

or

Takers.avi

Takers.srt

should work.

great i will try.  Sounds logical…more and more i am realizing that everything needs to have the same name. 

Now how can slow down the appereance of the subs.  The American for sample, the subs are out of sync…they appear about one second before the dialogue?  Any ideas.

Right or left on the remote will speed up or delay the subs so you can make it match the dialogue

Got it thanks!

TonyE wrote:

great i will try.  Sounds logical…more and more i am realizing that everything needs to have the same name. 

Now how can slow down the appereance of the subs.  The American for sample, the subs are out of sync…they appear about one second before the dialogue?  Any ideas.

You can control it with the remote as another poster mentioned.  OR use Subtitle Edit workshop free software.  This is your one-stop shop for anything regarding subtitles (changing FPS, make subtitle show up earlier or later, split and join and convert between different subtitle formats).