Streaming to ipad

Dear all,

I am not sure if this the right section to ask this question but I am wondering if someone can help me?

I have bought an ipad and currently I own wdtv live smp along my book essential 3 tb. I have a very big collection of 720 and 1080 movies with mkv format on my external hard drive.

I am trying to connect my ipad to the external hard drive through live smp which has inbuilt NAS. Guess what!!! Its not connecting. I have tried several apps including Buzz player but it keeps asking me for a user name and password.

All I want to do is stream movies on my ipad without jail breaking and converting…

Could someone suggest a solution to my problem… 

1. Am I able to stream movies to ipad using live smp. If yes, how?

2. Do I need another type of hard drive like my book live? If yes, then how can I connect that?

3. If I buy apple’s airport extreme, will that enable me to stream on ipad through my external hard drive?

I have search the web but have been unable to find anything on it. So please give someone guide us the right way.

Thanks

1. Am i able to stream movies to ipad using live smp. if yes, how?

2. Do I need another type of hard drive like my book live. if yes, then how can i connect that?

3. If i buy apple’s airport extreme, will that enable me to stream on ipad through my external hard drive?

I have search the web but have been unable to find anything on it. so please give someone guide us the right way.

Thanks

Buzz has a long-standing bug.

For a blank password, you have to put SOMETHING there, then delete it.

It’s always worked fine for me that way connecting to Hubs, SMPs, my home NAS, etc.

So do like:

Userid:  Just enter anything.

Password:  A

… then delete the A before clicking OK.