Streaming Movies via Sony BDP-S370/BX37 Blu Ray / Choppy

I am using DNLA via the Sony.  It does not support a network drive.

Connected via wired Ethernet 100 Mbps

The movies are “choppy”…seems intermittant , and can get bad enough to end watching.  Is not choppy on all content …

May be related to caching ? When I stream, the opening segment (HBO / Warner Brothers )  is very chooppy …then settles down.

If I copy the same files onto  a thumb drive, and play via the Sony …all good …even the opening segment.

I’d like a suggestion on how to fix …or a recommendation for a BR player for use with the MyCloud.  Woudl prefer a BR Player that supports a networked drive …so I can FF / REW …something that is not supported by the Twonky server in the MyCloud.

With DLNA, most of the work is done by the client, not by the server. The server is just there to publish catalogs, and file location, essentially. The decoding, playing, trick playing (FF/REW), is done mostly by the player, in particular the way the player send requests to the server is important

It looks like you have a DLNA client issue. Maybe you can update the firmware of your device?

I’ve checked and updated the firmware on the Sony Blu Ray player …

As for FF / REW if I load the files onto a USB stick …FF / REW works fine …

I’d happiy buy a new Blu Ray player one that works well with the WD and has

FF / REW

Thanks for your reply …

I’ve checked and updated the firmware on the Sony Blu Ray player …

As for FF / REW if I load the files onto a USB stick …FF / REW works fine …

I’d happiy buy a new Blu Ray player one that works well with the WD and has

FF / REW

USB port on the front

Supports DNLA (with FF / REW)

Supports networked drives

Supports mpeg , avi, file types

Has a buffer / cache

1 G Ethernet (why go for 100 MB)

WiFi (of course)

Access to lots of Internet content not a big deal …but it is the way of the world :slight_smile:

Suggestions welcome …

I am not able to recommend you some hardware. Just note that playing a file on a USB stick (local video) is very different from playing it from the network through DLNA protocols (streamed video).