Streaming . Is this possible

Hi. Can I stream movies to a smart tv directly from a my cloud personal cloud?. Regards

@LeedsTyke

Do you own a My Cloud Home? Have you looked at the User Manual?

https://products.wdc.com/library/?id=1558&type=25&cn=4779-705163

Search the Knowledge Base using this, How to stream movies from a My Cloud Home?
My Cloud Home: Media Streaming Best Practices (wd.com)

Yes of course, assuming you are talking about the MCH, My Cloud Home (white top half, silver bottom unit) and that info is in the manual link above and in the WD Knowledge Base.

The only media server that comes with the MCH is Plex but all you need from Plex is the DLNA functionality in order to stream to a smart tv.

So, enable Plex in the MCH settings under Do-More menu. Get a free Plex account and then enable Plex DLNA - it is free and there is no need to use any Plex player on the client tv.

The only Plex functionality that works reasonably well on the MCH is DLNA, the rest of Plex on the MCH is poorly supported and not recommended.

Once Plex is ready to go, access your server by visiting app.plex.tv in a browser and clicking on the “spanner” Settings icon at the top of the page.

Under the “Settings” category in the sidebar on the left of the page, click on “DLNA” and check the box that says “Enable the DLNA Server” when it appears.

Hit “Save Changes,” and the DLNA server will start running silently in the background. You can now access your Plex library on most modern networked TVs.