Streaming help!

yes it looks liek mycloud has to downlaod first before handing over (to see the “open in”).  Try Vidon, it plays instantly, it has cache as well but does not have to download the lot. it could be this how “open in” works.

jamalaya wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Well, it’s working for me for AVI files as well – remember – they have to be DOWNLOADED — you can’t stream with “Open With…” links.

I haven’t been able to stream mkv’s remotley…:cry:

You should be able to, I can stream mkv with VLC and Vidon and I can stream avi with them directly without downloading.  But AVI with myappcloud looks like you have to download which defeats the object of the drive. The whole idea of the drive is not to download anything. I think it is flaky software.

I agree with you 100% on the flaky software!

jamalaya wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Well, it’s working for me for AVI files as well – remember – they have to be DOWNLOADED — you can’t stream with “Open With…” links.

I haven’t been able to stream mkv’s remotley…:cry:

You should be able to, I can stream mkv with VLC and Vidon and I can stream avi with them directly without downloading.  But AVI with myappcloud looks like you have to download which defeats the object of the drive. The whole idea of the drive is not to download anything. I think it is flaky software.

Does your ISP restrict your port 80?

jamalaya wrote:

yes it looks liek mycloud has to downlaod first before handing over (to see the “open in”).  Try Vidon, it plays instantly, it has cache as well but does not have to download the lot. it could be this how “open in” works.

Will Vidon connect through LTE/4G cell service?

Not to my knowledge. As tony said, because mycloud app cannot play it, it has to download to hand over.to another app. Supported formats plays instantly.

VLC will connect over 3G on mine, and will paly instantly. but not sure about Vidon.

jamalaya wrote:

Not to my knowledge. As tony said, because mycloud app cannot play it, it has to download to hand over.to another app. Supported formats plays instantly.

I’m now tryng to open a M4V file and it will not stream with VLC on cell network. Is M4V supported??

Vidon only connects to Wi Fi, not cell service…

M4V isn’t that an Itunes  protected format? Not sure maybe you have to remove DRM first. To be Honest I convert everything to MP4 so that I don’t have to go through this hassle.

jamalaya wrote:

M4V isn’t that an Itunes  protected format? Not sure maybe you have to remove DRM first. To be Honest I convert everything to MP4 so that I don’t have to go through this hassle.

Yes M4V are itunes files, I also have MP3’s that will not stream either??

RoldGold wrote:

jamalaya wrote:

Yes M4V are itunes files, I also have MP3’s that will not stream either??

VLC will not play DRM protected videos. Don’t know aout music (strange as it is I rarely listen to music  :smiley: ). try them and seefor yourself.

1 Like

jamalaya wrote:

All iTunes protected videos are M4V, but not all M4V’s are protected.

None of my M4V’s are DRM’d.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

jamalaya wrote:

All iTunes protected videos are M4V, but not all M4V’s are protected.

None of my M4V’s are DRM’d.

Exactly Tony, all of mine are ripped cd’s and converted by iTunes…