Static/noise

Hi Forum

I use my Live Hub for playing mp3 files on my stereo (no video output). If there isn’t  any music playing, you can hear a pretty loud static noise from the speakers. The Live Hub ist connected by RCA to my Yamaha AX 596.

Is this a known problem ? Any suggestions or even solutions ?

Greetings from switzerland

irem77

My 5 year Live Hub has never had that problem/

What does connected by “cinch” mean ? :confounded:

RCA (Red and White)  or Optical Output (Toslink) or HDMI out … which one is it ?

Static could be interference … check your speakers, cables etc

Try connecting the Audio to your TV … to rule out if there are any problems with your Yamaha receiver

RCA it is…

well as a starter … replace the RCA cables   (they can go dodgy)

basically as per my previous post … start a process of elimination to determine the cause of the problem

What I tried so far: - Changed the RCA cables - Removed every other connection to the receiver - Removed the WLAN Stick from the Live Hub - Used other “ports” like CD or AUX for the Live Hub (i use the MD “port”) - Even tried to eleminate the possibility of a grounding problem by using a video cable connected to the receiver - Changed the setting of the Impedance Selector Switch - Tried my other devices with no audio playing; almost no static…so it’s not the receiver What else could i try ? Is there something to change in the Live Hub Menue that i could try ? Greeting from switzerland

irem77 wrote:
tried my other devices with no audio playing; almost no static…

there should be No Static at all !  

eliminate your Receiver and Impedance Selector Switch etc  totally …

simply connect the WDTV Live Hub *directly* to your TV via  RED / WHITE and YELLOW

do you get “Loud Static” from your TV Speakers doing this ??

if no … then your External Audio Gear has a problem

if yes … then your WDTV Live has a problem

Would have tried this allready if i had a TV…:neutral_face:

Might be Radio Frequency Interference from something that is too close to the amp or the wires going into it from speakers and devices connected to it. Any cordless devices or wifi routers and sometimes even cell phones can cause noise.

For example, I have a WD Passport USB3 external drive that emits RFI and causes my wireless mouse and keyboard to go crazy. I just put a small piece of tin foil over top of it and no problems no more!

irem77 wrote:

Hi Forum

I use my Live Hub for playing mp3 files on my stereo (no video output). If there isn’t  any music playing, you can hear a pretty loud static noise from the speakers. The Live Hub ist connected by RCA to my Yamaha AX 596.

Is this a known problem ? Any suggestions or even solutions ?

Greetings from switzerland

irem77

Are they on the same power line? If electricity in you apartment is unbalanced, you can get noise.

Tried that…same result…

irem77 wrote:

Would have tried this allready if i had a TV…:neutral_face:

got friends that own TV’s ?  that you could test it on ?

Tried on a different stereo set…same result…