Static IP not working

Raphael

After I changed to DHCP I could not log into the dashboard.  luckly I was connected to the cloud with ssh.  I reset the password back to what it should have been.  I was then able to login to the dashboard.  Not sure why this happened.

RAC

2 Likes

Just reporting back, by now it would have reverted back and after deleting that DHCP Reservation it immediately switched over to the 10.0.0.3 address. So far its still using that address so I’m going to mark this thread as solved. 

It is interesting though I’ve always been under the impression that once a device has a static address it can’t be tampered with by the DHCP server. Sadly we’ve all just learned this is not that case.

Finally, I’d like to thank each of you for helping figure this one out.

Theagustin wrote:

Just reporting back, by now it would have reverted back and after deleting that DHCP Reservation it immediately switched over to the 10.0.0.3 address. So far its still using that address so I’m going to mark this thread as solved. 

It is interesting though I’ve always been under the impression that once a device has a static address it can’t be tampered with by the DHCP server. Sadly we’ve all just learned this is not that case.

Finally, I’d like to thank each of you for helping figure this one out.

I agree with the knowledge that once a device has a static address it can’t be and shouldn’t be tampered by the dhcp server? unless the device makes a request?

You should check it out on why this is so… as mentioned on my theory 2 :stuck_out_tongue: