Ssh users: watchout for daemon.log, daemon.log.1....HUGE BUG

My RMA replacement drive is a 3TB MBL; thanks WD.

Found out why the led is constantly blinking green for read/write busy mode.

Looking at /var/log & see that the daemon.log.1 is around 500 megs & daemon.log is around 487 megs; apparently a new log is started at when around 500 megs is used.

The following is what is on the logs:

Jan 19 11:59:38 MyBookLive cnid_metad[3675]: error in accept: Socket operation o
n non-socket
Jan 19 11:59:38 MyBookLive cnid_metad[3675]: error in accept: Socket operation o
n non-socket
n non-socket
n non-socket
n non-socket

The date/time is different depending on where one looks at the logfiles; I’ve checked both the beginning & at the end of the logs & haven’t seen any line that is different from “MyBookLive cnid_metad[3675]: error in accept: Socket operation on non-socket”

Huge BUG in debian, apache2 or twonky?  I’ll be waiting a couple of days before deleting the older daemon files.  WD definitely should look into this; I don’t know if the same thing is occuring with any or all others.  No idea what the error is but there is quite a possibility that it will fill up a drive & may also wear out the heads or whatever with the constant writes.  I think I’ll be shutting mine down at night.  Could be why dashboard keep dying.

Did find that the MBL debian verison is 5.0.4 forgot to check to see if it was a 64-bit version.

Got pointed to a solution by Myron!!

But I did find that the MBL is in single disk raid mode!  Or is this only for the 3TB?

It might be, but on the 1TB version, only the “root” volume is a raid 1 set of two partitions on the drive. The data share and several others are on a non-raid partition.