SSH Command to restart My Book live duo?

Hi,

I am having the experience that if my live book duo has been running a while the network speed is quite slow, and that after a reset it is back to its usual self. Now I thought there is not really an OS here which needs a restart every once in a while, but hey, if it makes it faster I will of course do this.

Does anyone know if there is a ssh command to do this? My Dashboard doesn’t always work…

Also, is there maybe a script with which I could automatically get this done say every night at 3am?

Cheers

shutdown -r now

…will reboot it.

Hi, how to send that shudown command on mac to restart the drive? 

Generally that command restarts the whole mac, but how to just restart the drive? 

Thanks. 

hary536 wrote:

Hi, how to send that shudown command on mac to restart the drive? 

Generally that command restarts the whole mac, but how to just restart the drive? 

Thanks. 

Execute the command on the drive, not the Mac.

Sorry, I am little ignorant. 

But how to execute the command on the drive? Where do I type the command?

Thanks. 

Via SSH to the MBL.

Anyone ever have an issue with this?  I have to reboot my drive everyday, and most times multiple times per day to get the WD2GO software/DLNA to work again.  If the drive is in a state where WD2GO and DLNA are no longer responding, it appears that the shutdown -r now command will execute and give a message that the drive will reboot now, but it doesn’t reboot, and eventually becomes unresponsive to SSH and web dashboard.  At that point I have to pull the plug.

Why not just use reboot?