Spontaneously disappearing files on 2TB Caviar Black

I bought a new hard drive a month ago (Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB WD2001FASS) and I’ve had problems with it since day one:

1. Whenever I shutdown the computer it makes a buzzing/grinding noise after the shutdown that lasts for a second or two. I’ve never had another drive do this, only this one.

2. The scariest part of this is that my files on the drive magically dissappear out of nowhere. I’ve never had this problem with any other drive and I’m not a beginner when it comes to computers so it’s not as if the Antivirus removed because it’s infected or the file is considered “hidden”.

I first noticed this problem when I copied a video file from a data DVD, and then next day it was missing, folder and all. Since then, it’s done this with all sorts of files over the past month, and this problem was happening since day one on a freshly formatted hard drive on a legit copy of windows Vista, so it’s not as if my computer was infected with a virus or spyware.

Some of the times files have gone missing right in front of my eyes, where I copy a file to a folder, watch it getting copied, and then it just disappears!

Has anyone experienced this? What do I do? Is this a defective drive? I’ve run WD’s Data LifeGuard’s EXTENDED TEST and it “PASSED”.

What do I do, cause there’s something obviously wrong with the hard drive.

you should have returned it

grinding noise ?? PLEASE RETURN IT