Speed problem with FLVs grabbed from ABC.com

Greetings!

I am capturing shows from ABC.com (e.g. “Missing”) using the Wondershare streaming recorder on a Windows 7 PC. The shows come down in FLV format and they play OK on the PC Windows Media Player and VLC player. However, when I copy them to the WDTV Live Hub and play them there, the video plays at about 8x the correct speed, even though the audio is OK.

I have been transcoding the FLVs into a MPEG-4 format and then they play OK on the WDTV Live Hub. Of course, this is a time-consuming extra step that I would rather avoid.

Is there some other way to get these FLVs to play at the proper speed on the WDTV Live Hub?

Thanks.

Cheers!

Brad 

If you check the list of compatible file types, the FLV file extension should be supported but only using a video codec of H.264 and Audio codec of AAC.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2698/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMzIxNjM0MC9zaWQvYnE1bTV1VWs%3D#live

Edit: Correction made below. FLV are supported.

Alucardx23 wrote:

If you check the list of compatible file types, the FLV file extension is not supported.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2698/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMzIxNjM0MC9zaWQvYnE1bTV1VWs%3D#live

FLVs are supported. I’ve played few FLVs just fine before. The source you mentioned even tells you that FLVs are supported. The FLVs just have to be using a video codec of H.264 and an Audio codec of AAC only.

I’m not sure if I have played other FLVs before, but I did know the format is supported. I have a few others that I will try.

I’m thinking there is something weird about the FLVs coming from ABC.com. The video codec is H.264 as reported by AVIdeMux. Not sure about the audio. I use AVIdeMUX to “Audio > Build VBR Time Map”, then change Format to “MP4”, then re-save the file and it works. Of course it creates a new file and takes another 7 to 10 minutes, So awkward, but it works.

Is anyone else having the same problem with those FLVs from ABC.com or is it just me?

Cheers!

Brad