Sound Issues on 1080p .mkv files (x264)

I just bought my WD TV Live Hub and transferred some files over to the internal storage. I have tried multiple 1080p .mkv files and the video is flawless, but the sound either stutters or doesn’t play. The weird thing is, when I first hooked everything up, I streamed one of these files from my PC and the sound was working. Any ideas on this?

Sound / audio is the first thing to go when your network can’t keep up with the demands of the stream.

These files are on the internal storage, so the network shouldn’t be an issue, right?

How is your sound setup ?  through the TV or Sound System or AVR ?

Also, post a mediainfo (click)  info file so we can the audio info of one of the files.

eg. (Tree View … Export .txt)

Audio #1
ID                                       : 2
Format                              : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID                          : A_DTS
Duration                           : 2h 16mn
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                              : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s)                      : 6 channels
Channel positions         : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                 : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                          : 24 bits
Compression mode     : Lossy
Stream size                    : 1.44 GiB (10%)
Language                       : English
Default                             : Yes
Forced                             : No

P.S. My WDTV Live Hub is 2 Years old … and i have never had an Audio “Stutter” problem :confounded:

1 Like

What Joey said. Also post what firmware version your Hub is using and what kind of network and equipment you’re using. Despite what Tony said, usually the video will stutter before the audio if it is a playback issue. Much more data in the video stream than the audio stream. I’ve also never had audio stutter, but I have had the audio lose sync with the video before.

1 Like

I did a hard reset, and now all seems good. Thanks for the help all,.