Sorting movies on the SMP

Hi again. Having just discovered on another thread that I can’t really use linksheets on the SMP due to the fact that I have over 600 movies on my NAS and that would create nearly 120mb of linksheet files which the SMP just can’t handle due to space requirements (many thanks pearl for the help), I’ve been looking at options.

My first thought was to get a WD TV Live Hub, however it appears (here in the UK at least), that this is a discontinued model, so for the time being I’m keeping the SMP (WD TV Live ) and am letting the media libaray (set to Auto) do the auto scraping of the movie infomration and backgrounds - whilst not nearly as pretty or detailed as the linksheets, this will do for the time being until I look further into moviesheets etc using a custom theme and thumbgen.

I do have a little question though. I have movies in Genre folders, and one of those folders is called “Box Sets”. In those are movie collections from film sets that are part of a series (i.e. Die Hard, Harry Potter, Fast and Furious, Mission Impossible etc). Taking the Harry potter one as an example, I’ve called the movie files:

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.iso

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.iso

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.iso

Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire.iso

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.iso

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.iso

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.iso

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.iso

The Auto scraping finds all the movie information no problem, but I would like the movies displayed in the order they were released (so in the order above), but the SMP displays them on screen alphabetically ie. in the following order

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.iso

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.iso

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.iso

Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire.iso

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.iso

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.iso

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.iso

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.iso

I know I can set the sort list to date order, but this then sorts all my movies that way (the whole library), so would prefer to keep it alphabetically (so all my Genre folders and movies therein are sorted how I want them).

That being the case, what do I need to do to get the correct order above. Would putting a number 1…8 infront of each movie file do the trick, or do I need to modify the *.xml files ?

Thanks.

presonally, i would name them this way …

(and edit the XML name the same way and also inside the XML Harry Potter 1 and the Philosophers Stone)

Harry Potter 1 and the Philosophers Stone.iso
Harry Potter 2 and the Chamber of Secrets.iso
Harry Potter 3 and the Prisoner of Azkaban.iso
Harry Potter 4 and the Goblet of fire.iso
Harry Potter 5 and the Order of the Phoenix.iso
Harry Potter 6 and the Half Blood Prince.iso
Harry Potter 7 and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.iso
Harry Potter 8 and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.iso

Excellent, thank you sir.

Sootchucker wrote:

Excellent, thank you sir.

no probs … sir ?