Some menus are missing from the dashboard

I have two my clouds. Both have firmware 5.24.108, but one dashboard does not display the following menu. If anyone knows a workaround, please let me know.
・Shares>(FolderName)>Share Profile>Oplocks
・Settings>Network>Network UPS
・Settings>Network>Remote Backup Server

My Cloud Single Bay (gen2) do not have those options, at least not mine.

@ykhs

What WD devices do you own? Are you sure you have the single bay WDMYCLOUD?
WDMyCloudImage

If you don’t own the above then you need to post your topic in the correct sub-forum for your device.

Thank you for your reply.
Both mine are single bay. But the package when I bought it is different. One was sold in Japan with WD Cloud on the box and the other was probably sold in the US with My Cloude on the box.
Maybe my two are of different generations.
Where can I check the generation?

What firmware do they have? 1st generation has 04.xx.xx and 2nd should have 05.xx.xx or 02.xx.xx if it hasn’t been updated.

Both have firmware 5.24.108.

@ykhs

Try the User Manual
Online User Guide and Solutions for My Cloud OS 5 (wd.com)

Provide an image of what is on the one that does have what you say is missing from the other.

Thank you for your reply.
Here’s a screenshot of the product name WD Cloud I’m using. It was possible to set Oplocks, NetworkUPS, and Remote Backup Server here. These setting items are not displayed when the product name is My Cloud.

Those options do not belong to a Single bay gen2 as far as I know. Check the model number.

@ykhs

In the top one place your mouse pointer over the WDMyCloudInfoIcon and see what it says. Do the same for the others and see what information is provided.

As fpetit stated in his post I haven’t seen what you are showing on either of my WDMYCLOUDS.

Have you looked at the old User Manual for the single bay WDMYCLOUD 2nd generation? When you updated the devices the firmware would have changed to OS5.

What apps are installed on each device?

WD indicates the My Cloud (Japan) as a separate single bay My Cloud unit on several of their Knowledge Base Article pages. For example:

As such its possible there are differences with the firmware/apps used by that specific model.

There are specific features the single bay My Cloud OS5 model doesn’t support/include, some of which (like Network UPS) are listed as not supported in the following article:

The model number is as shown in the image below.
The top image is from WD Cloud (Japan) and the bottom image is from My Cloud (fw 2.xx.xxx).

The top image is from wdcloud and the bottom image is from mycloud.

I don’t know if it’s intentional or not, but WD Cloud (Japan) and My Cloud don’t seem to have exactly the same specifications.

WDBCTLxxxxxx-10 is gen2 and upgradable to OS5. The other one remains with OS3

Generally for the single bay My Cloud, a P/N that ends with “-00” is first gen, runs OS3 v4.x firmware and cannot updated to OS5 v5.x firmware. Further indication that the Japan version has some additional differences than other single bay My Cloud’s who’s P/N ends with “-00”.

Edit to add: There was a table posted a long time ago that broke down the processors in the various models. Supposedly the Japan single bay My Cloud version uses the same processor (Marvell Armada 375 (2x1GHz)) as the second gen single bay My Cloud version.

1 Like

I was able to update my Japanese version with p/n “00” to os5. The Japanese version seems to have specifications close to gen2.