Solid Red Power Light

After 8 days uptime with my EX2100 I am getting a solid red light on the power button. The manual lists indications for a blinking red light, but nothing about a solid red light.  The control panel reports everything as healthy. The drive temps have gone up a bit, reaching 40C. During shut down and power up the light blinks blue as normal. The fan also goes into high speed mode during power up as normal.

Any ideas on what to check? One of my disks is past 95% full. That wouldn’t be causing this, would it?

I am thinking it may be a fan problem. The dashboard has consistently reported fan speed at 926 rpm; however, since the red light has come on it doesn’t seem like the fan is moving air like before.

(The two 4TB drives are configured JBOD as individual volumes)

Well I deleted some files off of drive 1 to get it below the 95% threshold and the power light went back to blue.

PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A WAY TO TURN OFF THIS ALERT!!!

I use the NAS for media storage only (like most home theater applications). I am not working with files on the drives. I am not sharing files. I do not care if write performance goes to a crawl because the disk is too full. If you want to give me an alert, fine. But don’t make the unit signal a warning like something is seriously wrong.

I surely hope there is a fix for this. Otherwise, I will have to strongly recommend against this unit for home theater applications.

Me again. I found the alert settings. I dialed the setting back to “critical and warnings” instead of “all”. I hope that does the trick.

A long-standing rule-of-thumb regarding disk capacity is to leave 10% of the disk free for temp files, defraging, etc.  So, you overfilled your disk and the 2100 warned you and you are not pleased about this?  Good thing you had “All” checked or you would not have even been warned of this.  Suggest you lower the capacity under 95%.

I surely hope there is a fix for this. Otherwise, I will have to strongly recommend against this unit for home theater applications.

I think the fix is not to overfill a hard drive with data, and your “threat” to not recommend the device is totally out of line.