So who has tried one?

So I’m real excited about the Sentinel, and am curious who here actually has tried one out. Is it fast? How big is it compared to say a WD Sharespace? Whats the deal with the crazy blue LED thing on the front?

It is bigger than a WD ShareSpace. Faster? O yes lots faster. I need to play a bit more with the device, must tell you that is a GREAT implement over the WD ShareSpace (by the way, I have a ShareSpace and I like it, it is a bit slow, but if you learn how to play with this, it is a good device.)

Well my opinion might be biased since I work for WD :smileyvery-happy: 

This is a really cool and great product.

BBBBBrandon wrote:

Could you provide more specifcs on why you like it so much? I don’t mind the bias, as long as it’s not a marketing push :slight_smile:

Ardvark wrote:

BBBBBrandon wrote:

Could you provide more specifcs on why you like it so much? I don’t mind the bias, as long as it’s not a marketing push :slight_smile:

Well I am a big fan of Windows server… and that is what it uses.  I use it as a file server and the provided backup.  It has shadow copies so losing data by mistake is minimized.  Transfer rates on this are pretty great over gigabit.  Last but not least, I love using terminal services to download large files from websites directly on the drive as opposed to downloading to my computer first, then copying to the network.

Hi, I been looking for this in Singapore and I want to buy. Tried to contact WD distributor and reseller here in Singapore, I contacted all acredited distributor which I found on your website looks like they never heard of this product yet…

Can you help me find a reseller?

forest wrote:

Hi, I been looking for this in Singapore and I want to buy. Tried to contact WD distributor and reseller here in Singapore, I contacted all acredited distributor which I found on your website looks like they never heard of this product yet…

Can you help me find a reseller?

Unfortunately the Sentinel product is only available in the United States at this time.  We are, however, rolling out this platform in various regions world-wide at later dates TBA.