So disappointed with the latest Firmware. It killed my device

So the latest firmware upgrade gave my TV a severely bright pink overlay similar to this one  http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Pink-faded-overlay-Blurry-Double-Vision-when-randomly-playing/m-p/168006.

It is NOT the TV and NOT the HDMI cable since the cable into my TV works perfectly with my laptop computer. I tried unplugging and replugging in the device and cables, with no success. Finally I just tried to restore to factory settings which completely destroyed the device. It doesn’t work at all now, and I didn’t interrupt it in the middle of the restore or the firmware upgrade.  When I called customer service they said my warranty was expired (4 months). So yeah the warranty is expired and my device doesn’t work anymore because of their upgrade. Somehow this seems wrong to me. I can’t find an email for customer service anywhere to express my dissapointment about the customer service issues, and if anyone has it, it would be much appreciated.

I really did love the device while it was still working!

What do you mean by restore to factory settings? Did you use the internal menu to reset.?

Is the LED on the front on? What exactly happened when your unit ‘died’.

Have you tried the composite lead to connect to your TV.

I cannot see how a normal factory reset would damage your WDTV.

In short more info required.

sorry for the lack of details

What do you mean by restore to factory settings? Did you use the internal menu to reset.?

yes i used the internal menu to reset

Is the LED on the front on? What exactly happened when your unit ‘died’.

The led light is on but there is nothing on the screen, just my TV’s blue screen. When i reset the device it just blanked out and didn’t do anything. the led light stayed on

Have you tried the composite lead to connect to your TV.

yes i tried the composite leads and the hdmi leads and there is no picture of any kind. it’s like the device is off

I cannot see how a normal factory reset would damage your WDTV.

i can’t see how it would damage my WDT either but it doesn’t work now.