SN850X 4TB can't achieve 7300 MB/s on a Lenovo Legion 7i Gen 8 laptop

UPDATE: To rule out a couple of things, I recently did the following…

• Wiped and reformatted the SN850X. Then installed it as a storage drive. I then ran CrystalDiskMark from the OS drive and benchmarked the SN850X as a storage drive. The results were the same and never benchmarked faster than 6900 MB/s.
  • I also installed the SN850X as a storage drive in a different PC that has a Gen4 NVMe slot, and it still did not achieve a benchmark faster than 6900 MB/s.

END UPDATE

I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion 7i Gen 8 laptop, and I installed a new 4TB WD Black SN850X NVMe SSD.

After installing and updating Windows 11 Pro, I tested the SSD with CrystalDiskMark to see if I was getting the best performance. Screenshots below of benchmark ans system configurations.

The most I was getting for the Q8T1 read speed was 6933 MB/s. I assume I should be getting 7300 MB/s. So I’m wondering if I have something not properly configured in Windows 11.

I installed the WD Dashboard utility and updated the SSD to the latest firmware, and even enabled game mode, though I still cant break 6933 MB/s.

I also tried switching the SSD to the secondary NVMe slot to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I might need to configure to achieve the full potential of this drive?

Thanks.

It’s normal. You not achieve 7300 in any case while ssd with Windows

Thanks for the reply. However I recently tried installing this SSD as a storage drive while running Windows from another SSD, and it still did not achieve a benchmark faster than 6900 MB/s.

I also installed the SN850X as a storage drive in a different PC that has a Gen4 NVMe slot, and it still did not achieve a benchmark faster than 6900 MB/s.

In CrystalDiskMark are you using the NVMe ssd in settings as opposed to default?
fwiw I see 6926Mb/s read and 6375Mb/s write on my 1TB 850X.