Smartware and IronKey

I have a IronKey S200 Enterprise drive that used to work flawlessly. Since I connected a MyBook and installed Smartware, I can no longer access the IronKey drive. If I try to launch the IronKey unlocker, I either get an error message regarding an unsupported device or the IronKey Control Panel screen opens but it is blank. If I unplug the MyBook, the IronKey works fine.

I contacted IronKey support and they said it was a problem in the WD USB drivers and said that another user was able to fix by uninstalling Smartware. I did and I even removed the plist files in ~/Library but still couldn’t get it to work.

I’m running OS X Lion 10.7.1 on a MacBook Air.

Can anyone here help me?

Thanks!

Are you plugging both drives at the same time? If you are, then try removing both drives and plug the old one that you have. Check if the drive is detected and can access. Then try plugging the WD drive without unplugging the old drive that you have. Check if you can still access the old drive.

incase that you cannot access the old drive while the WD drive is plugged in, it would only mean that your rig’s USB port cannot handle 2 drives plugged in. No work around for that.

Kev1006 wrote:

I have a IronKey S200 Enterprise drive that used to work flawlessly. Since I connected a MyBook and installed Smartware, I can no longer access the IronKey drive. If I try to launch the IronKey unlocker, I either get an error message regarding an unsupported device or the IronKey Control Panel screen opens but it is blank. If I unplug the MyBook, the IronKey works fine.

I contacted IronKey support and they said it was a problem in the WD USB drivers and said that another user was able to fix by uninstalling Smartware. I did and I even removed the plist files in ~/Library but still couldn’t get it to work.

I’m running OS X Lion 10.7.1 on a MacBook Air.

Can anyone here help me?

Thanks!

I’d call WD Support, but it sounds more like an issue with the IronKey drive than with the WD drive… It’s likely that their unlocker is confusing it’s own drive with the WD drive and isn’t able to unlock itself. Try removing the password (if possible) from the IronKey drive and see if that helps.