Slow Usb 3.0 Transfer Speeds (one twentieth expected speed)

I managed to find one post that basically outlines th eproblem

“The USB port on the MyCloud might have USB3 compliant hardware, but the processor cannot transfer data at anywhere near USB3 speeds” - that’s my problem, right there. I wasn’t using WIFI, and I had gigabit throughout.

I must say, very disappointing, tbh - but yes it is mentioned here in the manual on page 95. Based on the specs, I did have the expectation of real-world USB 3.0 performance when using the port on the device itself. I actually believed the drive might even perform better directly on the My Cloud, than elsewhere, because there might be a chance the device was smart enough to understand when a drive transfer was occuring from on the MyCloud to the attached USB 3.0 port. That’s not the case, it seems. I’m getting the impression the file manager tha tinitiates the transfer, the files need to round robin over the network.

So the expection of File on My Cloud → to Drive on My Cloud 3.0 port.

is more like

File on My CloudNetworkFile System of OS/ ComputerNetworkMy Cloud → to Drive on My Cloud 3.0 port.

Unless you believe I have misunderstood something, or something else needs to be mentioned, I’ll mark this as “the solution”. Hopefully the next person searching the forums can use this post to find this fact out much more rapidly, than digging through the much longer thread (as I did).