Slow data transfers - please fix soon

Device seems to function completely as it should with the exception of slow in network data transfers (cloud not in play). Only getting 5 to 6 MBps over wireless-n. By my estimate, wireless-n should get at least 3x that speed. Wired connection into Gbit router and Gbit nic with cat5-e cable only gets ~12MBps. I can only assume it’s a firmware issue.

Since the Cloud is always Wired, it can’t be a firmware issue causing slow wireless performance.

As far as wired performance goes, it’s definitely not a firmware issue (at least not a systemic one.)   I can read/write at 5x that rate to My Cloud.   For short bursts, I get 110-120 MB/second.

If you’re only getting 12MBps wired, I would make sure everything in the path is actually Gigabit Ethernet – 12 MBps is the max for only 100 meg ethernet.

Here’s some more detailed things you can look into:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshoot-NAS-Performance-concerns/m-p/618695#M1256

I’m such a bone head.  I ‘assumed’ my wife’s laptop had a Gbit nic.  I dug into the specs, and it’s NOT.  Took the time to drag out the 100’ cat5 cable and string it half way across the house to the iMac which I KNOW has a Gbit nic.

Yep, write speeds are now ~25MBps and read speeds are ~65MBps.

I rescind my previous post.

Thanks for the reply and the prompt to *be sure* everything is Gbit!!

DocWhoFan wrote:

I ‘assumed’ my wife’s laptop had a Gbit nic. 

Heheh…-- lots of people get surprised by that.  :)   

Glad you got it sorted out.