Sleep function not working after SSD installed

After installing a WD Blue 3D NAND SSD (SATA) my windows 10 desktop will no longer go into sleep mode. The monitor turns off but the desktop power indicator stays on solid. I have to press and hold the power button to get the computer to power off. Other than sleep mode Windows works Okay.
There is no software on this SSD other than a clean Windows 10 load from installation media. There are no external devices and nothing was added to the mother board.
powercfg -requests does not show a problem. The same for powercfg.exe /energy.
I reinstalled my original hard drive and Windows 10 (Version 1909) sleep mode works.
I tried all the internet suggestions to no avail.
My desktop is a Lenovo 5049 Thinkcentre. Windows 10 Version 1909, OS Build 18363.592
Can anyone help me solve this?

I’m having the same exact issue and driving me crazy trying to find a resolution!
Win 10 1909 x64
HP Pavilion

My solution was not elegant but it worked. First off, sleep mode worked on my new to me desktop using the original hard drive. This desktop came from an authorized refurbisher and Windows 10 is the only thing installed on it. It was only after installing the SSD and migrating all the programs from my old desktop that I realized sleep mode did not work. Shame on me I did not test it before migration. So the scenario was: First: install blank unformatted SSD, Second then a clean load of Windows 10 using Microsoft installation media, and Third: migrate my old desktop programs. At this point all migrated programs work, only sleep mode fails.
Here is how I resolved it. I removed the SSD and reinstalled the original HDD - and verified sleep mode worked. I then cloned the SSD, installed it and verified sleep mode works. Next I migrated my old desktop programs, and sleep mode works.
So using the copy of Windows 10 that came from the refurbisher solved the problem.