Sky Hub router with 100mbps ethernet ports - how can i throttle this?

Hi guys,

Needed some advice on this one. I have a Sky Hub router which hosts only 100mbps ethernet ports. I have connected the My Cloud box directly into the router. As the router is restricted to only 100mbps, how can i throttle the speed? Will i need a gigabit switch in between the My Cloud and router? Anyone have an opinion on whether it will make any difference to the speed, especially with devices attached wirelessly?

Thanks

A gigabit switch is the way to go.

Hook all your devices to the switch, then hook the switch to the router (using a crossover cable if necessary.)

That’s how my home network is set up – nothing is connected directly to the router except for the gigabit switch.  It won’t have any significant impact to the wireless-connected devices.

1 Like

Thanks TonyPh12345. So in your opinion, is this gigabit setup worth having? Im more interested in speed and response of me accessing the My Cloud using my mobile device or work desktop when im away from home.

Harpy1976 wrote:

Thanks TonyPh12345. So in your opinion, is this gigabit setup worth having?

Absolutely.  

It won’t impact your remote connectivity compared to making it much faster when you’re using your local network.