Size limit while transferring large folders

Hi all,

I have an issue with the 2TB MyBookLive I recently bought, after setting up the shares (1 public, 1 private [password]). I am able to transfer large folder, no problems, to the public folder however when I want to transfer large folders into the private folder thats password protected, a message prompt will come up saying I do not have enough space to transfer it into. Which is weird because I have only used 4% of space and I’m transferring about 100gb worth of data.

I figured maybe there’s a folder limit on shares, but I checked dashboard and there doesn’t seem to be a data limit set for shares. I did a rudimentary Google search, and there seems to be similar issues faced by other users due to  “Webdav” but I’m not too sure how to go about solving this issue. 

The system I’m using is Windows7 64bit, and I’m doing the transfers via my PC and MyBookLive is connected with an ethernet cable thats connected to the router that my PC is connected to too.

Windv wrote:

I did a rudimentary Google search, and there seems to be similar issues faced by other users due to  “Webdav” but I’m not too sure how to go about solving this issue. 

The first step would be to confirm that’s the issue you’re having.   Is it?