Simple - A new theme for the WDTV Streaming (Work in Progress)

Those codes do work if you are refering to the xml code itself.  You need to make sure your syntax is correct:

textcolor=“0xFFFFFF”

You should be replacing the “FFFFFF” only and leaving the rest alone to change colors.  BTW, FFFFFF is white.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

I want the TIME to be in ‘RED’

still not changing. what am I doing wrong?I even restarted the device.

GOT IT… I restarted it again… and there is the RED …thanks

Thanks. Folder.jpg is working fine for me with the Mojo theme right now by the way.

which .xml file shows the now playing album on the home screen??

@desertwedge - Thanks for the response about the Thumbs. Whern you use the internal scrape process, where does the WDTV SMP put the thumbs for the movies? Are they inside that .wdtv file that it builds in the folder?

@blackbeard1970

The xml file you are looking for is including_generic_now_playing.xml

@goldberg96

The thumb will be located in the same location the movie is located.  It will be named “your_movie_name.metathumb”.

Perfect.

How can i REMOVE the frame around the album and add my own?

If you are still referring to the home page, you need to modify the image “now_playing_bg.png” to what you want.

how do you take screenshots??

@Blackbeard1970:

screenshots

Is there a way to have the TIME show up on the video galley page?

Really, really liking this theme.

Couple of questions:

1.  For some reason the images in the gallery view don’t look as good in their smaller size, compared to how they look in the larger size in whatever the name of the next view is called.  I.E.  For some reason when the image is at its largest, it looks the best (ie. not pixilated).  But when the image is smaller it looks worse.  That’s strange to me because it’s usually smaller images that look good and then look bad when they are enlarged.  Is that the theme or the SMP doing that?

2.  Don’t know if it’s just this theme or if every theme works this way, but are the images for the music section a smaller size compared to the images for the videos section?  The video section images are a rectangle shape, while the images for the music section are square shape.

3.  When FF, did the original theme show X2, X4, X8?  Any way those could be added back?  Not a big deal though.

@blackbeard1970

add the line

to your video gallery xml file.

@Huffer007

1. Not sure why that is…I’ve noticed it as well.

2. Typically, the thumbnails for movies are rectangular w/ a ratio of 1.5 height to width where music thumbs/covers are square

3. You can add the speed back and planning to have it in there…just have not gotten to it yet.

Very nice and practical theme - thanks from Germany!! I look forward …
Can I change the resolution to 720p (1280×720) ??
I need to scale the resolution in WD-Options to 95% - at 100% and 95% not all is displayed.
Only at 90% everything is displayed, but with a black border :frowning:

Bruon
WD TV Live SMP (Gen 3)

@Bruon

What you are describing sounds like overscan on your tv.  The theme (and all themes) are 1280x720.  See if your tv has an option to adjust or eliminate overscan.

I have checked the options of TV and AVR. The settings are normal (720p, 16:9, no option overscan). I have a very old plasma TV. I think the problem is definitely on my TV.
Can I change the resolution of the theme yet? Only for test …

Thanks for the help.

@Bruon

There’s no way that I know to really reduce the resolution of the theme.  Your options would be to use the scaling within the WDTV like you indicated you have tried or re-positioning everything within the theme itself to fit in the within the area of the skin that is displayed.  The second option would take quite a bit of effort to do but is feasible.  You can see how much area of the skin/tv you are losing by viewing this image on your tv.