Simple - A new theme for the WDTV Streaming (Work in Progress)

@ desertwedge

Thanks for the prompt reply and being so helpful

Just downloaded notepad++ ( because that’s the freeware one ) and it opens it up with no problem at all.

Should of asked before, spent too much time, trying to find solution, and you answered it straight away.

Thanks again

@ desertwedge

1st off this is an excellent theme and i’m loving it.

1 issue I have noticed is that when i go to the filter or sorting menu in media library (green button on remote) the colour contrast between the text and background in the menu is not great and tend to blend into each other. maybe you can have a look at that in the next version?

Regards

Tommy

Great theme desertwedge!

I’ve been looking for something “simple” and this might just fit the bill!

Just so I understand, you are not using thumbgen for any of the images or info correct?  You are letting the SMP collect it all?  I guess that means that to use this theme one would have to have the media library function on?

Thanks!

Not Necessary, I switch the media library on, so I can get the info, but do not actually like the media library. All my movies and videos are selected through playlists. So once I have downloaded the info, I switch off the media library. It does not need to be on to see the metadata.

I have a simple question , for s “simple” theme :slight_smile: How can i reduce the number of thumbnails in video browse ? The default is too much for me - 21. I want a bigger and small of count thumbs , maybe 10. I looking in rv_video_browse_page.xml , but i’m not sure what i have to done , only to reduce the number of thumbs and maybe resizing them ???

SETUP:

What is the setup page called?

The one with device reset and video options and music options??

I want to change the background color and text??

@tommycahir

Thanks for the info…will put into a list of things to look at.

@abatt

Correct. You would need to reduce the number of thumsb listed in the rv_video_browse_page.xml and then adjust the size and position of the thumbs.  If you removed the thumbs on the edge (th0, th6, th7, th13, th14, th20), this would drop the thumbs displayed down to 15 (3 Rows of 5) and everything would still be fairly centered.  You then may want to re-position the thumbs to fill the screen better.

@Blackbeard1970

The main setup xml file is called rv_setup_entry_page.xml.  There are also about 16 other setup xml files (all called “setup_something_else.xml”) besides that one that I’ve changed and more and even more than that are a part of the theme.

What OTHER pages do I have to changes?

I really just want to change the background to black and the font to white or green.

The WHITE is too high a contast for me.

The first post has been updated with the changes to the setup screens removed from the theme.  To get the the setup menus back to the default, switch back to the default theme (mochi) & then re-install the theme from the first page.

Nevermind…I found it.

I hope you didn’t change it to look like Mochi. 

I really like the way you have the setup.  You can see all the options on the screen at the same time.  Very nice.

Yeah have to agree with huffer007 here on this the original simple layout was much better than the default Mochi one…

The setup menu layout is going to change…the most noticable change will be that it is darker than it is currently.  Going to probably be a little while though… 

I have a few questions. When I first got my SMP a few weeks ago I started using the default Mochi theme. I let the SMP do the scan and create the metadata info for my movies. However, for some movies (i.e. Pinocchio), the SMP selected a cover photo that wasn’t what I wanted (i.e. a cover in a foreign language). Using the “Simple” theme, how would I correct an issue with the info that the internal scan picked up? With other themes I select the cover in Thumbgen. How would I change the cover pic if I only use the internal scanner?

Also, with this theme are folder covers supported (i.e. folder.jpg).

I am currently using  the Mojo theme and I have moviesheets, etc on the disks for everything. If I just want to try this theme, can I leave everything there, just load this theme, run the internal scanner, and check it out without deleting all the files created by Thumbgen for the Mojo theme?

Thanks … Rob

Where can I get color codes for fonts.

Like:

red

blue

purple

all different shade of the colors? is there a chart of somekind?

Try this:

Color Codes

nope, those codes dont work.

how did you find the color codes for the WHITE, BLACK , GREY??

the webpage says  FF0A0A is red, BUT when I enter in to inc_time is still shows as the default color

<?xml version="1.0"?>

what am I doing wrong??

@goldberg96

Regarding thumbs and the selecting the desired thumb to use, I don’t believe it is possible to select the thumb that the SMP will download.  You would need to manually go in and change the thumb to what you want. For example, if you have the movie Star Wars and you don’t like the thumb that was downloaded, you would need to delete the thumb “star_wars.metathumb” that the SMP downloaded.  You could then make a copy of the thumb that thumbgen provided and rename it “star_wars.metathumb”.  You would then have your desired thumb show up. 

For folders, I believe you would need to change it from “folder.jpg” to 1.metathumb.  I don’t believe “folder.jpg” works anymore on any theme.

Regarding your last question, I believe you should be fine but I would back things up just in case.